SiouxSports.com Forum

DII/NCC Wannabee's

fightin'su

no wins were in a dome and i am sure you can guess why. did ndsu make the playoffs last year? just because you are now 1aa does not make you good all of a sudden. i still think that UND will get the better players in nd when it comes to recruiting because i belive most athletes would rather compete for a national championship than go to a mediocre 1aa school. especially since it isn't anymore glamorous than div 2 is and you will be on post season probation for awhile.

I guess NDSU wasn't good last year.

Lost to UND at UND in Overtime.

The rest of your post is speculation.

I just disagree with it.

hey siouxjoy- i wasn't refering to the championship game as one of the road games (it was a nuetral site and you are correct it was a very close and very competitive game)

hey bisonmav-

and i must appologize for being incorrect on my last post. WE DID WIN A GAME IN A DOME LAST YEAR. it was against northern michigan in the YOOPER dome (a.k.a. the superior dome) i don't know how i could have forgotten that, especially since i am a yooper myself.

also- it is true that UND will still get the better recruits. we experience this in west michigan. our main competition comes from western mich and central mich. both of these are div 1a schools but many athletes that these schools recruit come to gvsu instead because they want a chance to play for a national title- not the MAC championship or whatever conference championship that you will be playing for.

hey siouxjoy- i wasn't refering to the championship game as one of the road games (it was a nuetral site and you are correct it was a very close and very competitive game)

hey bisonmav-

and i must appologize for being incorrect on my last post. WE DID WIN A GAME IN A DOME LAST YEAR. it was against northern michigan in the YOOPER dome (a.k.a. the superior dome) i don't know how i could have forgotten that, especially since i am a yooper myself.

also- it is true that UND will still get the better recruits. we experience this in west michigan. our main competition comes from western mich and central mich. both of these are div 1a schools but many athletes that these schools recruit come to gvsu instead because they want a chance to play for a national title- not the MAC championship or whatever conference championship that you will be playing for.

If GVSU gets better players than Central Mich because Cent Mich is in the lowly MAC why did you head coach leave to take a job there :( . Everybody nows the quality of players at GVSU is much better than in the MAC.

Silly yooper, how could you forget about Northern Michigan and the Yooperdome?? No Pastie for you!! :(

More of my GVSU breatern are posting here. Could that prediction I made a while ago be coming true??

To you Sioux guys who have wandered over to GVFootball, don't be afraid to post a little there. Whats the worst that could happen from that? A horde of Laker fans coming over here and drowning out the insessant bleating of the Bison?  That couldn't be that bad of a fate now would it? 

Oh, and to SomeBison, Kelly went to CMU as a stepping stone to bigger and better things. A little success there, a MAC title or 2, maybe even make a run at getting CMU into a BCS bowl, and he'll be getting offers from BIGTIME DI-A football powers, maybe even NFL jobs.

you are missinterpretting my point- gvsu does not have more talented players than the MAC- although central and western have sucked for a few years now and it is closer than many people think. what i am saying is that we get a lot of players that central and western try to recruit because they know they will have a chance to play for a championship and that the best hope they have at cmu or wmu is the motor city bowl against tcu (if they don't chicken out like last year) or some other mid major. Brian Kelly left because cmu is a stepping stone to what he wants to accomplish in coaching (reaching the top level). cmu also has very good facilities and were once a quality football program. he sees this as a chance to rebuild a program and continue to build on his reputation as an excellent football coach.

ALSO- i am not belittling the MAC. i love the mac- it is an underrated conference. niu, miami ohio, marshall, toledo, bowling green. they had some huge wins last year (kansas state, alabama, wisconsin, maryland, etc.) there were some great teams in the mac last year and in years past. i was talking only about western and central.

I just hope these debates do not turn ugly. I dont post mean and/or rude comments on here to make UND mad, I just post! My intentions are good. Its fun to talk back & forth about stuff. I hope we can all keep it clean and fun!

Now back to my Finnish Meatpie! LOL~!

OOT

You'll have to excuse the Yoopers here, dvaara and GVSU Yooper, they are simply a breed apart from the rest of us Trolls. For those of you that don't have a clue of what I'm talking about, a Yooper is someone from the Upper Pennisula of Michigan, while a Troll is someone from the Lower Pennisula of Michigan. Yoopers call us Trolls because we live south of the Mackinac bridge.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled debate. :(

We are proud to grow up in God's Country. This beautiful land in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. Our unique lifestyle is admired by the trolls who all live in Detroit or Grand Rapids area. LOL!!!!!

go Red Wings, Pistons, go Tigers!

OOT