13 Notre Dame vs. 4 Minnesota-Duluth

12 Denver vs. 5 Michigan

East Regional:

14 Colgate vs. 2 Maine

9 Miami vs. 7 Wisconsin

Northeast Regional:

16 Bemidji State vs. 1 Boston College

10 St. Cloud State vs. 8 New Hampshire

You'll have to visit USCO for the explanation. Jayson Moy teaches math at the college level, so I can't follow his reasoning. How great would it be to knock the Gophers out of the NCAA's. If Duluth sweeps this weekend I would think they could flip with the Sioux, leaving us in the dreaded Midwest Regional with Michigan. This weekend is big for determining where the Sioux land.

Conversly, putting the Siuox on the bus home would be fun too! Unfortunatly, I am sure one of our teams will be playing in MI....stupid NC$$ :)

WPoS

At least they are not going to try and force an East/West matchup like they have the past few years. I believe the West and Midwest winners will be in opposite games in the FF. It would be even better to beat the Gophers in the championship game. ;)

This bracket is very beneficial for Hockey East. The chances of Maine and BC making the FF is better in this bracket.

now, not being cynical in the least here, (riiIIIiiiight), how much you want to bet the final brackets look close to that end game schenario? Stupid HE... :glare:

WPoS

The brackets are pre-determined. The #1 PWR team's bracket will face the #4 PWR team's bracket and the #2's bracket will face the #3's bracket.

So as long as Maine and BC don't finish #1-#4 or #2-#3, the precious eastern teams will have to go through the West to make the final.

However, I do think if it is all off UND/UM/UMD/UMich will be placed in Western regionals if Maine can not be bumped from a #1 seed. This will suck for all western teams involved, and Maine and BC will cruise to Boston.

sagard, but remember this tho, the NC$$ can change things if it is needed. Remember in 2002 when teams were to not travel to far due to the 9/11 dealio? regardless of what ANYONE says, I trust the NC$$ as far as I can comfortably spit a wet rat. They will do what is needed to get two Eastern coast teams into the FF, regardless of any rules.

WPoS

Not sure if the recent swoon by Michigan will change Michigan's ranking for the NCAA's. Most likely not.

However, I did just read an article that said Al Montoya left Saturday's game with a pulled hammy.

Hopefully, this is not a serious injury for the WJC gold medal winner. Might impact early rounds of NCAA play for Michigan though.