SiouxSports.com Forum

Go To Guys

DMT

It's nice to see Bochesnki and Parise in the first and third positions respectively. I would add Brady Murray to the "Poised to change on the fly" category. Nationally, he's 7th in points per game, tied for second nationally in game-winning goals and leads all rookies in points per game scoring. He's tied for first in the WCHA for game-winning goals. Plus, he really can fly. :silly:

Early on, I too would've said Bochenski is the runaway favorite. But, as a hockey fan, the more I watch Zach play the more I appreciate his ability, which extends far beyond offensive talent.

In the close to 10 years I've been in Grand Forks, I honestly don't recall seeing as complete a player at the college level, nor have I seen as "superstar" who competes to the fullest on every single shift.

IMO, Parise isn't the best player in college hockey strictly because of numbers or offensive ability. He's the best player because, in addition to his offensive talent, he can go an entire game without scoring a single point, and still be far and away the best player on the ice. I don't think you could make that claim with too many other players in the country, including Bochenski.

Parise is a difference-maker in all three zones and that's why I'd give him the nod over players such as Bochenski, Vanek, etc.

Having said that, because of Parise's slow start point-wise, if the season ended right now, my vote would still go to Brandon for the Hobey. But Parise is gaining fast.

I didn't see that kid from Alabama Huntsville in the top 5. That little punk has all of the AH fans vote for him and racks up all the people votes. It looks like he's on the radar though.

I was think about a new nickname for the "Money Line" this week. I've come up with a knockoff of the T-Wolves's MV3. I was thinking "HB3" because Bochenski, Parise, and Murray could all be legit Hobey Baker candidates. What do you think?

Early on, I too would've said Bochenski is the runaway favorite. But, as a hockey fan, the more I watch Zach play the more I appreciate his ability, which extends far beyond offensive talent.

In the close to 10 years I've been in Grand Forks, I honestly don't recall seeing as complete a player at the college level, nor have I seen as "superstar" who competes to the fullest on every single shift.

IMO, Parise isn't the best player in college hockey strictly because of numbers or offensive ability. He's the best player because, in addition to his offensive talent, he can go an entire game without scoring a single point, and still be far and away the best player on the ice. I don't think you could make that claim with too many other players in the country, including Bochenski.

Parise is a difference-maker in all three zones and that's why I'd give him the nod over players such as Bochenski, Vanek, etc.

Having said that, because of Parise's slow start point-wise, if the season ended right now, my vote would still go to Brandon for the Hobey. But Parise is gaining fast.

Dead on my man!

Well said - he is a joy to watch every single time he steps on the ice!