SiouxSports.com Forum

Dataflix

Hansel

I am considering buying the UND-NDSU basketball game on dataflix . I have read many complaints about the service, but they seemed to be mostly directed at away games. Therefore I was wondering about the video quality of games broadcast from REA. (I have a hi-speed wireless connection)

Thanks

The REA is well set up and the lighting, quality is fairly good. Seems that the bandwidth problem has, for the most part, been resolved. When streaming smoothly, it's one of the better webcasts one can watch.

Is it worth it? Depends on how badly you want some video to go along with the audio. BB will no doubt be a step above hockey for streaming.

Pic size depends on your resolution, although you can make it full screen, with a loss in quality. TV screens are generally not as good as computer monitors, so some additional quality loss is likely, although I can't speak for the quality of the new HD sets.

Just as a second opinion, I think that, if there is no other video available, dataflix is wonderful. There have been no buffering problems lately, just an occasional "skippage" where the video and audio "bump" in and out for a few seconds, but the action does not stop.

For hockey, you get pretty much the same video they are showing on the big screens and in the concourse TV's, I believe. It is pretty good camera work, with replays of the good stuff.

I bought the whole year package and have enjoyed being able to watch the games very much. Aside from the early technical problems, Dataflix has been very good.

Make sure you test the system well before game time. You need the correct media player, etc.

Just as a second opinion, I think that, if there is no other video available, dataflix is wonderful. There have been no buffering problems lately, just an occasional "skippage" where the video and audio "bump" in and out for a few seconds, but the action does not stop.

For hockey, you get pretty much the same video they are showing on the big screens and in the concourse TV's, I believe. It is pretty good camera work, with replays of the good stuff.

I bought the whole year package and have enjoyed being able to watch the games very much. Aside from the early technical problems, Dataflix has been very good.

Make sure you test the system well before game time. You need the correct media player, etc.

The only bad thing about the camera work, is at the REA.. for some Stupid unknown reason they show graphics from the scoreboard and pictures of the fans when the puck is in play. It is so annoying.