SiouxSports.com Forum

End of Rivalry with Bison?

Smoggy

I found it odd that the Ralph is touting the Bison match-up this year as the last one. They constantly had an ad running on the ring that circles the Ralph telling fans to come see the final Bison game. There has been a lot of discussion about this in the football forum and some in the bball thread (thought we needed a separate thread). I just can't believe it'll be the last matchup EVER. Almost like false advertising. Though with Glas and Roebuck setting the schedule it wouldn't surprise me. I would hope Roebuck would want to play it since it's such a good game for the women to see where they are at. Quality competition builds a better team. Though it sounds like all the women's teams in the NCC are improving.

Though it sounds like all the women's teams in the NCC are improving.

except mankato...sioux women win 89-40... OUCH!. I think the bison-sioux women's game should be pretty entertaining this year (as much as wbb can be) as it appears the state's and u's are the class of the women's ncc. also maybe the SU men's team doesn't stink as bad as previously thought with a W over sc last night. i wonder what kind of crowds they will get for the "final" bison-sioux games at the ralph this year.

I suppose to be more accurate, this year's games should be touted as the last matchup as division II opponents. I don't believe anyone really believes that the series is permanently over. There will probably only be a period of a few years where the teams won't play. More than likely, the two teams will be in the same division again within five to ten years.

i wonder what kind of crowds they will get for the "final" bison-sioux games at the ralph this year.

I believe last year's game set an NCC attendance record with a crowd of over 8800. I doubt that record will be broken (unless it happens with this year's UND-NDSU game) since no other arena can hold that many. But without Beasley as a box office draw and with neither mens team likely to be an NCC contender, I doubt this year's crowd will be as large. I hope I'm wrong.

I found it odd that the Ralph is touting the Bison match-up this year as the last one. They constantly had an ad running on the ring that circles the Ralph telling fans to come see the final Bison game. There has been a lot of discussion about this in the football forum and some in the bball thread (thought we needed a separate thread). I just can't believe it'll be the last matchup EVER. Almost like false advertising. Though with Glas and Roebuck setting the schedule it wouldn't surprise me. I would hope Roebuck would want to play it since it's such a good game for the women to see where they are at. Quality competition builds a better team. Though it sounds like all the women's teams in the NCC are improving.

It's not false advertising, because after these games, UND will not be playing NDSU in basketball for quite a while.