SiouxSports.com Forum

PHOTOGRAPH OF MINNESOTA GOVERNOR

wilhelm

It appears the governor of Minnesota was making a political statement when he chose not to wear the "current" North Dakota Sioux uniform. Probably the use of an indian as a mascot issue. Governor Hoeven didn't get his moneys worth in the return for this bet. North Dakota should protest the use of a rodent as a mascot. Did Minnesota get permission from the Faternal Order of Rodents to use weasels as a mascot ? Gophers suck as does their "dead beat" governor.

It appears the governor of Minnesota was making a political statement when he chose not to wear the "current" North Dakota Sioux uniform.    Probably the use of an indian as a mascot issue.      Governor Hoeven didn't get his moneys worth in the return for this bet.      North Dakota should protest the use of a rodent as a mascot.      Did Minnesota get permission from the Faternal Order of Rodents to use weasels as a mascot ?    Gophers suck as does their "dead beat" governor.

Being born and raised in North Dakota, and now living in Minnesota, Pawlenty is actually is a pretty good Governor, for Minnesota :silly: . He grew up in conservative South St Paul. On the other side of the political scale from Pawlenty, a PC Gov would not even have worn a jersey with the nickname on it. They despise the nickname and logo.

Yep. Anybody who thinks Pawlenty is "PC" hasn't been paying attention, and I have a strong affinity for that "retro" sweater. I wasn't a big fan of him inititally, but I'm starting to pay more attention to him, especially when he put the brakes on taxing the $**t out of us again, unlike many DFLers who like to spend OPM.