SiouxSports.com Forum

DII Playoff Field Expanded in 2004

UNA

Ok did I miss anything? They still did not address the D1aa issues did they?

Having NDSU in the same state.We would not gain anything by playing them.

And having Crookston next door.(D2) maybe we SHOULD keep playing them. :lol:

To me it seems the NCAA is still bumping around in the dark.It's great we are expanding but who's going to want to go on the road?I would rather bank the SOS pts by playing Crookston,BSU ect .at home.Other than lose the points by going to a place that the team might not be so good but pulls the upset on my Team!

It's a case of the rich will get richer IMHO. :lol:

Steve Murray is an idiot IMO. He thinks that it will be best for schools to play DII schools even if that means you have to travel 6 hours in a bus. But you can not play a DIAA school that is within an hours reach. They are really concerned about the welfare of the student-athletes. He is rotating off this year so I guess he wanted to put his mark on everything he could. I like the idea of expanding the field but it takes away the off week and could make some teams travel further just to play a DII school.

I have a feeling that UNA is looking for the worst DII school in the nation right now and is even agreeing to travel to their site the first year.

So I am reading this right? Sheesh the NC$$ strikes again. It is a short trip to BSU and to play the Dragons but this stinks and really stinks bad.

Example teams might say who the he11 is Hillsdale,Crookston,

or Northwood?But hey give me points bring on the lambs. :lol:

Sorry teams like Mercyhurst don't scare me either. :lol:

The playoff field expansion and region realignment passed last year. The SSI issues haven't been addressed, but the expanded field can help ease that inadequacy somewhat.

Good point. With the expanded field, it might allow a team to play someone in D1AA. Isn't the GLIAC moving into our region? Personally, that means we'll be struggling for playoff spots again, and so for us to play DIAA would not be good.

The NCC just doesn't seem to get the respect of the regional committees.

I had never realized that if you expand the playoffs for one gender you have to for the other. This just doesn't make any sense when fb only is allowing 24 teams and vb and softball will expand to 64. I don't think it should be number of people, but rather a percentage of teams that play the sport.