SiouxSports.com Forum

Mark Chipman on CBC

Mark Chipman was interviewed on CBC's Hockey Night In Canada during the first intermission of game one Stanley Cup Final. Don Cherry and Ron McClean interviewed him about Winnipeg's return to the NHL.

Winnipegs return is great but the thing that got my attention was the interview looked like it was in Mark's office or home, and in the background behind him it appears that he has a small green UND Football Helmet on display on the shelf. I know he is a UND alum and its nice to see he retains his proud ties to UND. Just something I noticed.

update: The interview is on YouTube as HNIC Coaches Corner June 1st. At around 4:00 min, Mark is interviewed

Mark Chipman was interviewed on CBC's Hockey Night In Canada during the first intermission of game one Stanley Cup Final. Don Cherry and Ron McClean interviewed him about Winnipeg's return to the NHL.

Winnipegs return is great but the thing that got my attention was the interview looked like it was in Mark's office or home, and in the background behind him it appears that he has a small green UND Football Helmet on display on the shelf. I know he is a UND alum and its nice to see he retains his proud ties to UND. Just something I noticed.

update: The interview is on YouTube as HNIC Coaches Corner June 1st. At around 4:00 min, Mark is interviewed

NICE HELMET!

The new ownership group seems like they have their act together and did it right. 1) Building the MTS downtown, 2) Bringing in the Moose and running a good organization, and 3) Upgrading to the Jets. It's not like someone buying a team and not knowing how to run the team. All the better that Mark is a Fighting Sioux grad.