SiouxSports.com Forum

Mid-season Dropouts

thecircus

Please tell me the last Sioux hockey player to jump ship (pro contract, transfer, ushl, etc) mid-season due to either pending suspension or lack of playing time or ...

...if this topic is too dark to discuss, I understand and withdraw query.

If I remember correctly, David Toews and Corey Fienhage left last summer due to lack of playing time and development.

the question was about mid-season though...

the last one I believe would be Anthony Grieco. Though... the reasons he left are up for debate, but we don't need to go into that.

Yes, Quinn Fylling did go back for a year of juniors before returning. He played during the 2000-2001 season and from 2002-2005.

Are you talking left mid-season to go back to juniors? If not, here are a couple who I believe left after the season. If so, I don't recall any off the top of my head.

-Michael Forney played in the USHL during the 2005-2006 season and played for the Sioux from 2006-2008. He then went back to the USHL and didn't return.

-Hunter Bishop played in the BCHL before joining the Sioux for the 2006-2007 season. He then went back to the BCHL and ultimately transferred to Ohio State University.

Yes, Quinn Fylling did go back for a year of juniors before returning. He played during the 2000-2001 season and from 2002-2005.

Are you talking left mid-season to go back to juniors? If not, here are a couple who I believe left after the season. If so, I don't recall any off the top of my head.

-Michael Forney played in the USHL during the 2005-2006 season and played for the Sioux from 2006-2008. He then went back to the USHL and didn't return.

-Hunter Bishop played in the BCHL before joining the Sioux for the 2006-2007 season. He then went back to the BCHL and ultimately transferred to Ohio State University.

Bishop left in the middle of the season I believe. I believe it was during a time we were really injured and during the world juniors, where we had a couple guys playing so it made things difficult.