SiouxSports.com Forum

Bochenski named WCHA Rookie of the Year

YaneA

I think Skarperud was snubbed.  4th in league scoring, 10th overall and not even a 3rd team pick?  http://www.collegehockeystats.com/confstats/wcham

Shouldn't league scoring weigh more than overall scoring for league honors?  Compare Skarperud to 3rd team pick Connor James - tied for 6th in league scoring, tied for 12th in overall scoring.  I suppose the difference being that Connor James played on the team that won the McNaughton Cup.

It looked to me like Bochenski did have some energy and the will to win out there.  I remember this great move he put on against Mankato (during the 0-6 drubbing in G.F.) where he tried to outskate a defensive guy but couldn't, so he dropped the puck between his legs and spun to the outside to end by putting a shot right on the 5 hole and nearly scored.  It was a thing of beauty.

Dagies, you have a point.  Remember, though, the kid was just another freshman.  He was the only freshman who made a real mark on the team.  He's got great potential, but I do agree with you that the kid needs to work on playing a more complete game if he ever wants to play beyond college.

No Sioux in the playoffs?  How can this be?