SiouxSports.com Forum

Opponents Scores

SiouxMD

UC Davis defeat tough to swallow - ArgusLeader.com

13 Yotes

17 UC Davis

Final

"I can see why the Great West is disbanding," Meierkort said. "I don't want to take any credit away from UC Davis but I've never seen a team get homered like our team got homered (Saturday night). That was ridiculous. You know me, I do not gripe about officiating after games, but that's the worst officiated game that affected the outcome that I've ever been a part of in 18 years as a head coach."

I forgot all about the Yotes until this morning...it was worth the wait.

:blush:

BYE (0-∞)

Idaho (3-2)

17 Temple (4-2)

31 Northern Illinois (4-2)

07 Texas A&M-Commerce (2-4)

38 Northeastern State (3-3)

19 Central Arkansas (3-2)

24 Northwestern State (2-4)

13 South Dakota (3-3)

17 UC Davis (3-3)

21 NORTH DAKOTA (2-4)

31 Southern Utah

50 Cal Poly (4-2)

37 Old Dominion (3-3)

00 Langston (3-2)

14 Lamar (3-3)

13 South Dakota (3-3)

17 UC Davis (3-3)

28 Idaho State (1-5)

47 Montana (4-2)

29 Western Illinois (4-2)

33 South Dakota State (1-4)

UC Davis defeat tough to swallow - ArgusLeader.com

13 Yotes

17 UC Davis

Final

I forgot all about the Yotes until this morning...it was worth the wait.

:blush:

"I can see why the Great West is disbanding" Apparently there was no follow up question to have Ed directly explain the tortured logic to get from a perceived badly officiated game, to the broader context of how the dominos of conference affiliation began to fall across FBS and FCS eventually resulting in the departure of teams from the Great West.

LOL! That is funny....

his main gripe was over a fumble call, where he thought the QB was down and the Davis guy who recovered was out of bounds. Davis scored the go-ahead TD on the next play. i think he called out an interference call early in the game during another Davis scoring drive. also, the last play of the game was a bang-bang hit on a pass, with the passed dropped. the number of penalties were about the same. I don't know if the call was right or wrong.....in my opinion, its irrelevant. you do NOT go to the press calling the officials 'homers', and calling them the reason the Great West is disbanding (i don't remember either Davis or Poly mentioning Great West officiating when they announced the move to the Big Sky!). If a player said that, you could pass it off as a kid in the heat of the moment. For a coach to say something like that, is kind of ridiculous. on the yote board, the opinion was about 50/50 about his comments. many were embarrassed, others praised him for speaking his mind.