Summit

breakin face

here's how every hockey game I've ever watched goes:

did someone score yet? no

oh...wait a minute...something's happening!...oh that was offsides...

Seriously? Every sport has 'fans'. In other words, people who like that particular sport. All sport rules are completely arbitrary...why like any of them?

This whole hockey fans bashing bball thing is the stupidest thing I've ever seen. You feel so insecure about the (apparent lack of) commercial success of the sport you like that you feel the need to put down another, completely unrelated sport?

if i read that correctly, you just said that i am insecure about hockey's lack of commercial success?

that has got to be the longest stretch i've ever known somebody to make in an effort to bash another person.

i mean, seriously, insecure about the commercial success of a sport i like? does that even make sense to anybody?

let's see, what else do i like?

how about green olives on my pizza? could i possibly be insecure that pepperoni is a far more popular pizza topping?

how about the grateful dead? could i possibly be insecure that britney spears has sold more records?

how about football? could i possibly be insecure that more people in the world watch the world cup championship than the super bowl?

c'mon mplsbison, tell me more about my insecurities seeing as how you obviously know me so well having never met me or had a conversation with me.

pfft. insecure about the commercial success of hockey. what a gem.

I have always disliked this sport, the SBoHE's decision Thursday has given me one more reason. Their pointless rush to put this sport in an "auto-bid" conference has ruined a logo and tradition I have grown up with and loved. Why pander to a sport in which games can be won because a team elects to foul the opponent so they can't attempt a three pointer? Why pander to a sport where the last two minutes of the game take longer than the entire first half? Why pander to a sport notoriously known as pumpkin pushing? Why pander to a sport that has never brought a fraction of the income or recognition hockey and football have to the university? I don't get it, I'll continue to to bad mouth basketball and everything it stands for everywhere I go. In my opinion, it is the catalyst for the retirement of the greatest logo in sports. Why? So we can play IPFW instead of Mayville. Big f****** deal. Going 2-20 in the Summit or 4-16 in the Great West has the same relevancy in the grand scheme of things.

Because it's the sports that has the most to gain of any other collegiate sport.