SiouxSports.com Forum

Radio Stations for Thursday's Game

Dakota Dave

I'm in the unfortunate situation of driving FROM Minneapolis TO Bismarck on Thursday night. Its a family event I can't miss, but the timing sure bites!

Wrongway Feldman, anyone?

The toddler's bedtime dictates that we leave Mpls at around the same time the puck drops. I'm hoping to catch the end of the game on KFGO as we approach Fargo (which could be a treat in itelf as we hopefully don't encounter too many flooding detours), but does anyone know or have ideas of St. Cloud or Alex stations that might be broadcasting the play-in game? Or points of contact at UND Athletics or WCHA that might have a list of broadcasters? I'm searching the internets and not having too much luck as of yet. Maybe I'll try UMD athletics too.

I'm in the unfortunate situation of driving FROM Minneapolis TO Bismarck on Thursday night. Its a family event I can't miss, but the timing sure bites!

The toddler's bedtime dictates that we leave Mpls at around the same time the puck drops. I'm hoping to catch the end of the game on KFGO as we approach Fargo (which could be a treat in itelf as we hopefully don't encounter too many flooding detours), but does anyone know or have ideas of St. Cloud or Alex stations that might be broadcasting the play-in game? Or points of contact at UND Athletics or WCHA that might have a list of broadcasters? I'm searching the internets and not having too much luck as of yet. Maybe I'll try UMD athletics too.

I was driving from Minneapolis to GF during the F5 game where Blake Wheeler scored his amazing goal to unjustly deny us the Broadmoor.

I had the Gopher station for quite a while, which you won't have because the Gophers aren't playing. (You may have heard that already.) From Alexandria I couldn't find anything until I got close to Fargo.

I hope things are better now, but don't expect that.

So last year I was in an airport during the LaCrosse game. I had to follow the game via the Sioux Sports thread. It was kinda funny how it went from "puck about to drop" to "oh wow" then the thread almost went quiet. I had to guess that we had lost quickly.

UND hockey stations:

Men's Hockey

Devils Lake, N.D.

KDLR 1240 AM

Dickinson, N.D.

KTLC 1460 AM

Fargo, N.D.

KFGO 790 AM

Grand Forks, N.D.

KQHT 96.1 FM

Langdon, N.D.

KYTZ 106.7 FM

Mahnomen, Minn.

KRJM 101.5 FM

Minot, N.D.

KRRZ 1390 AM

Plentywood, Mont.

KATQ 1070 AM

Warroad, Minn.

KRWB 1410 AM

Williston, N.D.

KDSR 101.1 FM

UMD:

Tune into every Bulldog football and men's hockey game in 2009-10 on 1490 The Fan (KQDS-AM) as well as KQ 105.5 in Grand Rapids/Hibbing and KQ 106.7 in Ely/Virginia. The home for women's hockey is WGEE (970AM) in Duluth.

You might need to wrap your car in some heavy duty tin-foil :glare:

Several years ago I caught a Sunday Game 3 of 1st round WCHA playoffs while traveling on family business. I had to pick up a kid in St. Cloud, and I listened to the game almost all the way from Fargo to the granite city. I'm 99.27984376539067% sure it was KFGO all the way.

There's always a chance I am wrong, though.

:glare:

I drove back from either the Cities or St. Cloud to Grand Forks on 4 straight Friday nights in February and March. One of the games was against St. Cloud so I could listen to them for the first period plus (maybe the worst color announcer in history). Otherwise I could get 96.1 the Fox in little spurts between Alex and Fergus Falls, and then picked up the game on KFGO just west of Fergus. The KFGO signal isn't nearly as strong in Minnesota after dark. One night I was only about 30 miles out of Fargo before it came in pretty well. I think the signal is stronger going west.