SiouxSports.com Forum

UND internet audio, or lack thereof.

U2Bad1

Last year it was a server at the U (that does the audio decoding) that would get turned off, by possibly a student. After it occurred a couple times the UND Alumni Org. made sure it didn't happen again. I've emailed Cindi at undalumni, who was very helpful last year.

Usually you can get 96.1 music at any time during the day when you click the hockey audio link, however, it's still down this morning. Hope someone gets it going today.

Maybe this is a ploy to sell more dataflix. Seemed to work last night.

Last year it was a server at the U (that does the audio decoding) that would get turned off by possibly a student. After it occurred a couple times the UND Alumni Org. made sure it didn't happen again. I've emailed Cindi at undalumni, who was very helpful last year.

Usually you can get 96.1 music at any time during the day when you click the hockey audio link, however, it's still down this morning. Hope someone gets it going today.

Maybe this is a ploy to sell more dataflix. Seemed to work last night.

You probably won't get an email answered during the weekend. I will be disappointed if it didn't work again tonight.

Thx for your help, sprig. I know you feel the less fortunate's pain. Or are you doing this for personal reasons? ;)

Half and half. If I decide to pay for dataflix, I don't like to feel "forced" into it.

The audio for the Bison/Sioux football game isn't working either, so it's probably a silent weekend.

Well, it's officially 6:40 & no Internet audio. Why couldn't Cindy correct this frickin' problem when she's had ample opportunity to do so? The audio for Dataflix works but not the Internet audio--no need to call Columbo on this one...Sounds like they'd rather make a profit than please everyone...

The only excuse i can think of it's a technical problem she couldnt get fixed in time.

Hard to understand, the link connects to the broadcast server, buffers, then no sound. Need someone with more technical knowledge to explain, but could it be a server that decodes the audio signal that is off. The radio station IP is reachable since you can connect.

To be fair to the Cindi and the alumni assn., she/they were very helpful last year and I've no doubt they will be again. She may have picked up my email from home, wherever that is, and is probably not working today.

sprig,

I tried connecting to the audio link above but no luck. Last night & tonight it sounded just like the UND Alumni audio broadcast-just static. Just a few minutes ago, it said server was too busy...WAIT...I was just interrupted & this lady comes on & says to log back on once game starts; so maybe I'm in luck but will have to see in 5 minutes...