SiouxSports.com Forum

Clearance Clarence

GeauxSioux

The last time I started a topic about this columnist, the thread was closed. It'll be hard to attack based upon this offering. More obsession with Sioux hockey from Michael Rand...

I also politely request that you read Jon Marthaler’s post summarizing the Twins’ most important dates in December. Print it off, laminate it, and put it in your wallet. Or if you are a University of North Dakota hockey player and your wallet is stuffed with your Canadian ID, AARP card and/or counterfeit money, please feel free to put it in your shirt pocket .
My mother recently visited Chicago. She purchased some “I Love Chicago” t-shirts for my daughters, which was a nice thing to do. She also purchased a Chicago White Sox windbreaker for my son. My aunt in Door County always buys Packers clothing for my kids. Our friends in Grand Forks sent a UND Hockey outfit as a birthday gift for my son. Honestly, none of these people intended for these gifts to be practical jokes. When I told my mother that I cannot let my son wear a White Sox jacket, she said “But I thought you like baseball?” Guh. The White Sox? She really does not know that the White Sox are the Twins’ biggest rival? Is this phenomenon limited to my family and friends, or do you also know people who are completely oblivious to sports rivalries?

I have to admit, he does make me laugh.

it is kind of funny. i actually think when a writer whos a fan of another team has to resort to false stereotypes to find put downs for our team, that is actually a compliment. i mean if he can't find something negative that is true to write about und hockey, then he is either very dumb or the sioux are saints, take your pick :) i just hope noone informs him that the sioux are actually a younger team than his sub-.500 goofs, oh and to rub salt in the wound, he tries to make fun of the canadian dollar... the last time i checked the canadian dollar was stronger than the us dollar, quite a bit in fact :glare: apparently noone informed him of our ongoing recession. personally, im a current topic/pop culture kind of guy, i would have gone with the lawnmower toss... :)

it is kind of funny. i actually think when a writer whos a fan of another team has to resort to false stereotypes to find put downs for our team, that is actually a compliment. i mean if he can't find something negative that is true to write about und hockey, then he is either very dumb or the sioux are saints, take your pick :) i just hope noone informs him that the sioux are actually a younger team than his sub-.500 goofs, oh and to rub salt in the wound, he tries to make fun of the canadian dollar... the last time i checked the canadian dollar was stronger than the us dollar, quite a bit in fact :glare: apparently noone informed him of our ongoing recession. personally, im a current topic/pop culture kind of guy, i would have gone with the lawnmower toss... :)

and/or counterfeit money

I read this as an inference to the Bochenski situation.