SiouxSports.com Forum

Goalie Equipment Source

choyt3

I'm looking for the best source (could be online) for purchasing youth goalie equipment. We have to get our Mites set up as the goalie from last year has moved on to Squirts.

Any ideas? Would not mind used equipment. I have tried Play it Again and they only sell new.

Well, you aren't too far from St. Cloud, and I can tell you Hockey Zone there has always been good to our association. They give pricing on equipment to associations that is better than I have found at any other place, including the online stores like hockeygiant and goaliemonkey. I have a set of leg pads from my son but it sounds like you are set on that. Justin Schultz is the person I have dealt with there, his email is Justin@hockeyzonemn.com. Otherwise I was in Eau Claire, WI last week and the Play It Again there had a ton of stuff, good prices too. And the Bike and Skate shop there has a lot of good stuff, plus they stock LaPoint Sioux jerseys....

Well, you aren't too far from St. Cloud, and I can tell you Hockey Zone there has always been good to our association. They give pricing on equipment to associations that is better than I have found at any other place, including the online stores like hockeygiant and goaliemonkey. I have a set of leg pads from my son but it sounds like you are set on that. Justin Schultz is the person I have dealt with there, his email is Justin@hockeyzonemn.com. Otherwise I was in Eau Claire, WI last week and the Play It Again there had a ton of stuff, good prices too. And the Bike and Skate shop there has a lot of good stuff, plus they stock LaPoint Sioux jerseys....

Thanks. I'll give that a try. I checked the Play it Again in Fargo on Sunday and they didn't have much for goalie gear. Just new, or some leg pads that were for much older kids. Said they only do used goalie stuff on a consignment basis.

Thanks. I'll give that a try. I checked the Play it Again in Fargo on Sunday and they didn't have much for goalie gear. Just new, or some leg pads that were for much older kids. Said they only do used goalie stuff on a consignment basis.

Yeah, we got a set of Vaughn youth leg pads from Hockey Zone for $20 less than they sell for at GoalieMonkey, plus no shipping charges. I know the Elk River Play It Again has a pretty good selection of used goalie equipment if you ever get there, but I don't remember their prices being too great. If you contact Justin, let him know Jeff sent you, he'll take good care of you.