SiouxSports.com Forum

Charles Murphy Letter

firewall

Jim Shaw of Fox News in Fargo was guest hosting on KFGO this morning. He read a letter, allegedly, from Charles Murphy regarding the Sioux logo and nickname that he supposedly wrote in the late 90's disapproving of the Logo and nickname. Does anyone know if that letter is for real or a hoax?

Jim Shaw of Fox News in Fargo was guest hosting on KFGO this morning. He read a letter, allegedly, from Charles Murphy regarding the Sioux logo and nickname that he supposedly wrote in the late 90's disapproving of the Logo and nickname. Does anyone know if that letter is for real or a hoax?

It is probably real. Murphy did not approve of the name or logo at that time and I have heard about the letter before. I don't think I have ever read the letter.

This is great. Blogs from today's (11-19-2009) Fargo Forum article titled: "Tribal chairman: No quick resolution on Sioux nickname"

sldf s.

West Fargo, ND 11/19/2009 10:49 AM

its finally over. charles murphy wrote an anti nickname letter in 199. NO ONE FROM SUMMIT LEAGUE HAS SAID THEY WOULD TAKE UND? WHY DO YOU KEEP REPORTING THIS??

Darrell S.

Cheyenne, WY 11/19/2009 12:19 PM

sldf s.:

It is probably real. Murphy did not approve of the name or logo at that time and I have heard about the letter before. I don't think I have ever read the letter.

It is real...wish I had a different link than this one, but the letter is posted here:

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showpost.p...amp;postcount=5

Charles Murphy later, also said he would be in support of the name under certain circumstances. I do not have a link to that quote or story...perhaps someone else can help out here.