SiouxSports.com Forum

UND College of Business and Public Administration receives $10 mi

82SiouxGuy

An anonymous donor has donated $10 million to the College of Business and Public Administration in the form of a challenge grant. They will give $1 for every $3 others give in the form of endowments of $25,000 or more. The donation goes back 15 months. During that time $5.6 million in endowments have been given that were matched by this grant.

I'm a little confused by all the numbers rolling around in that article. Like ...

Also included in the more than $18 million in new commitments are gifts from ...

What I do get is this:

If $30 million in other donors show up, this anonymous person makes a total of $40 million.

I'm a little confused by all the numbers rolling around in that article. Like ...

What I do get is this:

If $30 million in other donors show up, this anonymous person makes a total of $40 million.

$5.6 million has already shown up along with $1.8 of the anonymous donation. Only another $24.4 million left to raise.

But what about,

"Also included in the more than $18 million in new commitments are gifts from ... "

Does that mean they lined up a good chunk of the remaining $24 million already, but it hasn't arrived yet?

I don't think so. My guess is that the remainder of those gifts are for other areas of the school instead of the College of Business. But it isn't very clearly written.