SiouxSports.com Forum

South Dakota v North Dakota

Yote 53

Regarding NDSU's schedule, the thing I find somewhat surprising is the difficulty they've had lately scheduling home non-conference games. This year, they only had Wagner, and that game was added very late. Next year, they have none scheduled yet.

I think that is because since their inclusion into the MVFC, they are less willing to do home and home agreements with other FCS schools. They have 8 conference games, 1 FBS game, leaving them with two other FCS OOC games to schedule. They want to end up with both at home. Their away game with Sam Houston this year was the back end of a home-and-home that started in 2007.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that is because since their inclusion into the MVFC, they are less willing to do home and home agreements with other FCS schools. They have 8 conference games, 1 FBS game, leaving them with two other FCS OOC games to schedule. They want to end up with both at home. Their away game with Sam Houston this year was the back end of a home-and-home that started in 2007.

While that's fine in theory, it doesn't seem like it's going to work unless they want to play non-scholarship dI's or dII/NAIA teams. I believe that's why Montana had to start actually honoring their home-and-home contracts--it was proving too difficult to find decent teams who would travel without the possibility of a return game.