SiouxSports.com Forum

2009 Liberty Mutual COTY

SiouxMD

ugghh! I'm not saying the coaches got "shammed" - it's a SHAM in principle! ie - the coach that can get the most votes in an internet contest is considered this company's "Coach of the Year"....WHY?;)?;) Because they corralled the biggest nerd army to vote for them? That's no criteria for a "Coach of the Year" - and I opted out of LM's email list and STILL got email solicitations! :0

That's just my 2 cents. If it makes you happy....CLICK AWAY to your hearts content. I will not. When you're done, keep walking down the Midway and enjoy some delicious cotton candy...

(carnies and rubes...CARNIES AND RUBES! :) )

If you are inclined...here is how the selection process works. In the end...fan voting selects the initial 15 applicants for each division and counts for only 20% of the final tally.

Fan votes, College Football Hall of Fame votes and National Media votes are counted. The voting breakdown is as follows: fan vote, 20%. Hall of Fame vote, 55%. And National Media vote, 25%.

BTW...I prefer mini-donuts to cotton candy.

For the rest of you...don't forget to VOTE FOR SOTY.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I thought that maybe Coach Mussman would receive a little love following the Fighting Sioux victory over Cal Poly...apparently not...he is in danger of falling out of the top 15.

GO VOTE

Sorry that COTY Pitch didn't work out for you Doc...not everyone can sell a lemon as sweet lemonade but I make a living trying. HEY - BTW!!!! On the UPSIDE I have some great PRIME (swampland) down in Florida you really need to look at! I call it LIBERTY MUTUAL ACRES and it's really nice...all you have to do is buy in ;) (and you'll get futility and endless soliciting emails for life - SWEET!)

I thought that maybe Coach Mussman would receive a little love following the Fighting Sioux victory over Cal Poly...apparently not...he is in danger of falling out of the top 15.

GO VOTE

Just to let everyone know that you can still vote for another 17 days! And people, yes we had some bad losses, but our football team still did some great things under Coach Mussman this season.....Coach is back in 16th place and only 97 points behind 15th right now!

Just to let everyone know that you can still vote for another 17 days! And people, yes we had some bad losses, but our football team still did some great things under Coach Mussman this season.....Coach is back in 16th place and only 97 points behind 15th right now!

I understand a certain RALPH HAGER is looking for a job now?? GEE I hope he applies at UND!:)

I understand a certain RALPH HAGER is looking for a job now?? GEE I hope he applies at UND!:)

Why would he apply at UND? We have a coach and I am assuming that Faison realizes that in the 2nd year of transition, a team that loses a couple of games and still challenged for the Great West Championship did not do that badly and something had to have been working.

7 days remaining and Mussman is in 16th place.

The Top 15 move on to the next round...you know what to do.

Yeah...STOP WASTING YOUR TIME ON THIS IDIOTS' ERRAND - if you want to do something REALLY positive - email Mussman and tell him and his coaches to take a winning record and RECRUIT like HELL because we have a lot of gaps to fill in the next couple years! These extra weeks while the playoffs are going on are more of a gift than any stupid Web poll/Phony Internet Popularity Contest could provide and UND's coaching staff would recognize that. We need to ADD players...NOT email addresses to a life insurance company's mailing list!

Yeah...STOP WASTING YOUR TIME ON THIS IDIOTS' ERRAND - if you want to do something REALLY positive - email Mussman and tell him and his coaches to take a winning record and RECRUIT like HELL because we have a lot of gaps to fill in the next couple years! These extra weeks while the playoffs are going on are more of a gift than any stupid Web poll/Phony Internet Popularity Contest could provide and UND's coaching staff would recognize that. We need to ADD players...NOT email addresses to a life insurance company's mailing list!

Regarding your rant:

1) Your referring to SiouxMD as an idiot is uncalled and totally inappropriate! MD has spent much of the last couple of years representing our country in the Middle East - he deserves a great deal of respect - not comments about being an idiot just because you disagree with him.

2) It is obvious that MD "bleeds green" and truly loves UND athletics. While we certainly don't need to agree with each other, we certainly shouldn't belittle a fellow-Sioux fan.

3) While I don't disagree with your comments about this being an "Internet Popularity Contest", I don't see any harm in a UND coach doing well in the poll. In fact, it would probably impress a young recruit who didn't fully understand how the poll was run.

4) I have voted in this poll for the last couple of years and have not received one e-mail from Liberty Mutual. They may be contacting others but they have not bothered me.

5) I absolutely agree with your recommendation about sending notes to the coaching staff, congratulating them on a fine year and a great season-ending win.

6) I am very tempted to editorialize a little further about your pompous note but I just reread No. 2 above and will not do so.

FYI - "Idiots Errand" is a literary term and NOT a personal shot at SiouxMD. I have absolutely no bone to pick with him, his occupation, his service, or loyalty to UND. My beef is entirely with this website and their crappy insurance! LIBERTY MUTUAL is my beef and I will pursue and burn them into the ground until the end of the earth because they are the WORST INSURANCE agency in the entire world - based on PERSONAL experience! I REALLY hate them!

(Hopefully this clarifies my point)

Why would he apply at UND? We have a coach and I am assuming that Faison realizes that in the 2nd year of transition, a team that loses a couple of games and still challenged for the Great West Championship did not do that badly and something had to have been working.

it's SARCASM you idiot! :angry:

Farley 785 - Mussman 707....only 79 votes in three days?

Considering the traffic that the football forum had today and the fact that Coach Mussman has only received 4 additional votes since this morning I would say that "79 votes in three days" is nearly unobtainable.

There is always next year...

GO SIOUX

Considering the traffic that the football forum had today and the fact that Coach Mussman has only received 4 additional votes since this morning I would say that "79 votes in three days" is nearly unobtainable.

There is always next year...

GO SIOUX

HOPEFULLY!!! If Muss and his program can actually EARN IT!!! (AGAIN - a 6-5 record is NO REASON for any award, recognition, or even notice) I'd hope Muss would see this thread and be insulted that he'd even be considered for ANY award based on his record.