SiouxSports.com Forum

INCH - WCHA Preview

CoteauRinkRat

I think most championship teams will have two lines that can score on any given shift. Sometimes a team can get pretty far with a single line.

The other main thing is to have four lines that can be completely trusted. A team that has to shorten it's bench will struggle to win two games on a weekend. This fact is the main reason in my opinion the Gophers have not been swept since late '00-'01.

I didn't see the Sioux enough last year to know about their depth, I do have the feeling it wasn't where it needed to be. This is the biggest question mark of the '03-'04 Sioux to me. If Blais has to overplay the top lines down the stretch, it will take a toll on the team during the playoffs.

The same thing applies to the blueliners. All six need to be able to play against all opponents. This is my biggest worry for the Gophers. I truly don't think goaltending will be the bane of either the Sioux or the Gophs this year.

Last season we may have indeed shortened our bench. Our 4th line did not see a terribly large amount of ice time the second half. But as many threads will agree, the biggest problem we had last year was staying out of hte penalty box (aka our special teams weren't that good). Second problem was inconsistent goaltending. Third, depth in the 3rd and 4th lines.

I looked back on my own attitude last season and I see my behavior as humorous. I was surprised by MN the second half. Nowl ooking back, I realized that MN just got all their losing done in the first half so they could focus on domination the second. I hope that we can get that type of response this year. Coming out of nowhere to win is an awesome experience. Kinda like my Cubs this season. Who'da thunk they'd make the playoffs. (Yes, I know they'll exit first round, but I'm just happy they get to play in October).

Before REA the English Coulee was the most "talked" about thing in Grand Forks. :)

Why would they blow sunshine up Vanek's a$$...it's not like he's good or anything. ;)

Overall it was a pretty good article...hey, an 8-6 win is still a win.

Are you admitting that Hauser sucked? :):D:0 I'd say hell has frozen over...but I have yet to get laid :D , so.......chilly?:0?

Hey, I LIKED Hauser, didn't say he sucked...he just made me nervous sometimes...you UND people should understand being nervous about a goalie some nights after all! :) Only goalie I was 100% confident of was Stauber...

WPoS