SiouxSports.com Forum

How Much Do You Spend...

Detroit87

Goon,

You won't believe how many people think all of New Jersey looks like the area around Newark Airport. For those who have not seen the area,it is,well,ummm--let's just say it's not to be confused with The Garden of Eden!

Nah I know I was just making a joke about the size, I flew into Newark one time and it was huge. One of the bigger ones that I have seen.

I didn't know Grand Forks Airport was able to handle jets. I doubt there is anything non-stop from Newark or Philadelphia,but maybe something that goes through Minneapolis or Denver.

just an FYI for you... philly is usually about $100 cheaper than newark when flying northwest/delta for me. i fly to nj 3-4 times a year to visit family and i always check both airports, and philly is ALWAYS cheaper.

Thanks for the airline info. It is probably a lot less to park in Philadelphia than Newark. If I can fly into Grand Forks without spending too much more,I would prefer it. I would like to have some time to drive around the town and see Devils Lake. I guess Mount Rushmore would be too far to drive.

Thanks for the airline info. It is probably a lot less to park in Philadelphia than Newark. If I can fly into Grand Forks without spending too much more,I would prefer it. I would like to have some time to drive around the town and see Devils Lake. I guess Mount Rushmore would be too far to drive.

Devils Lake is 85 miles from GFK airport.

Try the name your price feature on priceline.com. The last time I got a car in Mpls, I think I paid $8/day + taxes.

I was talking about renting a car in Grand Forks if he flew into town. He might get a better deal, but most of the time it's tough to get a deal on a busy weekend.

I didn't know Grand Forks Airport was able to handle jets.

Not only do the have the facilities, the main runway is 7350'x150', about four feet thick, and can handle pretty much anything that flies. Proximity to the air base is rumored to have something to do with the airport's unusual capabilities...