SiouxSports.com Forum

CSTV in Grand Forks?

CoteauRinkRat

sprig - I get emails from the Twins, regarding tickets and other special events. I just got an email from them two days ago talking about the new tv contract that they and also the gophers signed to broadcast games over the next couple of years. It also listed numbers and email addresses for television companies across Minnesota, Nodak, and Sodak.

And yes, the Fighting Sioux sports network are still broadcasting home games on the Midco station. CSTV is going to carry a national game of the week for college hockey, and it would be fun to be able to watch other teams play.

sprig - I get emails from the Twins, regarding tickets and other special events. I just got an email from them two days ago talking about the new tv contract that they and also the gophers signed to broadcast games over the next couple of years. It also listed numbers and email addresses for television companies across Minnesota, Nodak, and Sodak.

The Twin/Gopher deal is with CSTV??

sprig

My fault, the deal is with Victory Sports One.

"Victory Sports has secured a 10 year agreement to carry Twins Baseball. In addition to 100-plus Twins games, Victory will carry the following exclusive sports telecasts beginning in October of this year:

20 University of Minnesota Golden Gopher Men's Basketball games

3-4 University of Minnesota Golden Gopher Football games beginning in 2004

More than 30 Big Ten Basketball games which will feature the Univ. of Iowa 9 times and the Univ. of Wisconsin 12 times

More than 20 St. Cloud State and Minnesota State- Mankato Hockey games

2 High School Basketball and Hockey (boys and girls) games per week

ESPNews

14 NCAA football games

Variety of outdoor programming"

As you can see, there will be some St. Cloud and Mankato hockey games.

Sorry about the confusion I caused.

I actaully sent an email to Victory Sports Programming asking about SIOUX hockey and got this as part of the reply.

"Thanks for your interest in Victory Sports.

We will be having at least 4 games involving UND and we also plan to produce

a couple high school games out of ND as well.

So, Victory Sports will truly be a full REGIONAL network...not just a metro

network. "

Sounds like more coverage is on the way. Also If you didnt know one of the people backing this new network is obviously the Minnesota TWINS whos GM is Dave St Peter (or whatever his title is) a former Fighting SIOUX and one of the VP's at Victory sports is Mark Shrockman another Fighting SIOUX walsh hall alumni. This has to bode well for the future of SIOUX hockey on TV in the midwest :D:0:);):)

I actaully sent an email to Victory Sports Programming asking about SIOUX hockey and got this as part of the reply.

"Thanks for your interest in Victory Sports.

We will be having at least 4 games involving UND and we also plan to produce

a couple high school games out of ND as well.

So, Victory Sports will truly be a full REGIONAL network...not just a metro

network. "

Sounds like more coverage is on the way.  Also If you didnt know one of the people backing this new network is obviously the Minnesota TWINS whos GM is Dave St Peter (or whatever his title is) a former Fighting SIOUX and one of the VP's at Victory sports is Mark Shrockman another Fighting SIOUX walsh hall alumni.  This has to bode well for the future of SIOUX hockey on TV in the midwest :D  :0  :)  ;)  :)

I would imagine the four games Victory is referring to are the two away series with SCSU and MSU-M. They would need to come to terms with the Fighting Sioux Sports Network for any rights to air games at the Ralph. It would be nice to see more college hockey on TV. Ever since Fox Sports bought out Midwest Sports Channel I don't even get to see all the Rodent games. I only hope my local cable provider picks up Victory Sports.

Any college game on TV would be great as long as Frank and Doug aren