SiouxSports.com Forum

Media Day Green & White Game?

SiouxperFan

How long did they play? A period or two?

They played for thirty minutes. I spoke with Tyler after the scrimmage and he told me he banged up his ankle and may have a high ankle sprain. He expects to be slowed by the injury for about two weeks, but is anxious to get back on the ice and contribute in any way he can.

Also, this Saturday UND will be wearing old style, tie up green jerseys with Sioux in white running diagonally down the front. The back will have their number, but not their name.

They had a silent auction last night in the main lobby for the jerseys that will be worn by the Sioux during the game this Saturday. Minimum bid was a $100.00 and most of the jerseys went for that low price. Not many people bid because not many people knew about the auction. Parise's sold for the highest amount; about $350.00, I believe.

There were about five or so jerseys that weren't bid on and they will be sold by auction in the suite area during Saturday's game.

After reading the rosters for both teams it is easier to understand how one dominated the other by a 4-0 score. Wow.

I would expect to see Massen on one of the top lines, but if you read much into these lines it almost looks like the Green team was the top forwards lines and D pairings and the White team was the lower of both. Anyone else read it that way?

Would be fun to see Saturday's game with the retro jerseys. Cool.

Vollrath I believe is a Defenseman from GF Central High. Walk on. Probably will get no ice time. If he does, it will be in the games that you can expect a blow out in... unfortunately this season doesn't look to have them. The only game I would guess he'd appear in is the exhibition with the U-18 NTDP game.

I also wish Ziegleman and Parise would have been tested more in goal. I wonder if they were put against the white team on purpose? Brandt was obviously upset that he let in 3 of 4 goals, because after the scrimmage he went straight to the locker room and slammed his stick against the ground while the rest of the team shook hands and did a center ice stick salute. It was just a scrimmage. That made me think that if Brandt continues getting so emotional during games, we might be seeing more of the freshmen goaltenders as the season goes on. Just my opinion.

It also seemed to me like the intensity was running pretty high for a scrimmage. I don't remember seeing that many hits at last year's Meet the Sioux. My friend and I figured they were still playing for their spots in the lineup this weekend, seeing as how there will be a few guys sitting out every game. Smaby definitely wasn't afraid to stand guys up and push them around.