SiouxSports.com Forum

Carl "Buddy" Boone

PHE

Does anyone know if Carl "Buddy" Boone played for the Sioux? He's on wiki's list of "Fighting Sioux in the NHL" but the hockeydb website doesn't show anything about him playing at UND. He was born in 1932 in Ontario and began playing professionally in 1952 so if he played collegiately it would have been in 1950 or 1951.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I looked through the "All-time Fighting Sioux Roster" in the hockey media guide and saw only one Boone listed: William N. Boone (1953-1955), Hometown: South Burnaby, B.C.

However, the "UND in the NHL" section lists a Carl "Buddy" Boone. He played one season in the NHL (1957-1958).

I looked through the "All-time Fighting Sioux Roster" in the hockey media guide and saw only one Boone listed: William N. Boone (1953-1955), Hometown: South Burnaby, B.C.

However, the "UND in the NHL" section lists a Carl "Buddy" Boone. He played one season in the NHL (1957-1958).

Buddy is a distant relative and I can tell you he didn't play for the Sioux. He went the Major Junior route and was already a Pro in the American Hockey League during the years in question. Therefore it probably was the Boone from BC.