SiouxSports.com Forum

UM crookston drops hockey program

Esoxpirate

My dad is the athletic fundraising director at UMC.He's really dissapointed,we're all pissed off actually.It really was a great program,I'm gonna miss going to the games.Coach Warren worked really hard to build it up.

Honestly, Crookston would have been better off droping their whole athletic department down to D3. Then they wouldn't have the problem of not being able to compete for the NCAA's if they were eligiable for the D3 playoffs. That's the reason why the MCHA voted them out of the league this year. They want to get their house in order so that they can pick up an autobid soon for the conference winner. Adrian is a little tired of getting hosed.

Honestly, Crookston would have been better off droping their whole athletic department down to D3. Then they wouldn't have the problem of not being able to compete for the NCAA's if they were eligiable for the D3 playoffs. That's the reason why the MCHA voted them out of the league this year. They want to get their house in order so that they can pick up an autobid soon for the conference winner. Adrian is a little tired of getting hosed.

That's actually a good idea,I agree 100%.My whole life I've watched our teams get thier asses kicked,by D2 teams.We used to be D3 when it was a 2-year college,they should've just stayed there when they turned into a 4 year university.