SiouxSports.com Forum

Mesa State

jimdahl

Going DI alone doesn't guarantee an interesting football schedule - it just makes one easier to make.

I'm not sure going I-AA will make scheduling home non-conference opponents much, if any easier. I'd say it would be relatively easy to schedule road games against some established I-AA programs, but whether those teams would return the favor is a relative unknown. As an example, look at UNC's schedule this year:

link

Some good opponents on the road, to be sure, but a home schedule that is worse than what the Bears would have had had they remained in the NCC. It will be interesting to see how many of the established I-AA programs UNC is playing on the road this year will reciprocate next season.

From Mesa State coaches comments after the game, the Sioux offense sounds entirely too predictable:

Things were different last week as the Maverick staff and players intently studied tape of the Fighting Sioux.  The studying paid off. Big time.

"One thing we noticed was they were very personnel-oriented