SiouxSports.com Forum

Friday - Saturday WCHA/College Hockey Games

AZSIOUX

Someone else do the math but isn't our win % in the WCHA better than DU/Wisco?

If so, UCHO will put us in the tournament as a projected auto-bid when they do this week's PWR Predictions.

Amazing - the WCHA's best team (win %) is ranked 17 in RPI/PWR.

I don't know what to think about this.

I still think from top to bottom the WCHA is the most competitive conference in DI, but we're not playing well as a conference this year. I can't get all excited about the CCHA either. They have their version of SCSU (Miami) but otherwise is really a 2.5 team league (Notre Dame and Michigan being the 2 and MSU being the .5).

I'd guess, then, that HEA would be the best conference outside of the WCHA. BU, BC, UNH, and recently Maine and Northeastern...

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what to think about this.

I still think from top to bottom the WCHA is the most competitive conference in DI, but we're not playing well as a conference this year. I can't get all excited about the CCHA either. They have their version of SCSU (Miami) but otherwise is really a 2.5 team league (Notre Dame and Michigan being the 2 and MSU being the .5).

I'd guess, then, that HEA would be the best conference outside of the WCHA. BU, BC, UNH, and recently Maine and Northeastern...

UNH is probably Hockey East's version of SCSU :D Only they have actually one a game in the NCAA's :D

Someone else do the math but isn't our win % in the WCHA better than DU/Wisco?

If so, UCHO will put us in the tournament as a projected auto-bid when they do this week's PWR Predictions.

Amazing - the WCHA's best team (win %) is ranked 17 in RPI/PWR.

we're at .625 they both are at .636, so they will not put us in as the autobid.

beanpot 3rd place game will be underway soon - go harvard

gametracker

That gametracker isn't gonna work, gametracker really is a crapshoot now, very unreliable.

I'll update the Beanpot Consolation game here in this post. Can't do the Championship Game, I'll be too emotionally unstable as it's the Boy's very last Beanpot game. (And yes, I am a girl, so I'm allowed to be emtionally unstable over a hockey game. :angry: )

End of the 1st: Tied 1 - 1 (the teams traded PP goals)

Edit: Only took a period, but yes the gametracker is now working.

That gametracker isn't gonna work, gametracker really is a crapshoot now, very unreliable.

I'll update the Beanpot Consolation game here in this post. Can't do the Championship Game, I'll be too emotionally unstable as it's the Boy's very last Beanpot game. (And yes, I am a girl, so I'm allowed to be emtionally unstable over a hockey game. :angry: )

End of the 1st: Tied 1 - 1 (the teams traded PP goals)

Edit: Only took a period, but yes the gametracker is now working.

who's your boy?

2 - 1 Harvard

Both HU goals by Michaud.

2 - 2 Now . . . BC ran the goalie but the goal counts.

3 - 2 Harvard now on a SHG (all of this has happened within the span of 2 min) We're now halfway through regulation.

what is the overtime in the third place game 5 minutes?

I was only about 50% but I'm not sure that they can tie?

They will play 20 min. overtime periods until someone wins.

Edit: my bad, I asked one of the BU beat writers and he said they'll treat it as a regular game with respect to overtime. I swore they played to sudden death, but I've never been to a Beanpot consolation game so I guess I must be wrong.

3rd is underway.

This game is really boring . . . still 3 - 3.

And Harvard's band is annoying the crap out of me./ rant

6 minutes left, both teams have had a pp, still tied at 3.

4 minutes left, BC with 3 consecutive icings.

Under a minute left, BC takes the 4 - 3 lead. 41 seconds left . . . Harvard timeout . . .

BC wins 4 - 3 . . . sorry I don't have better news . . .

3rd is underway.

This game is really boring . . . still 3 - 3.

And Harvard's band is annoying the crap out of me./ rant

6 minutes left, both teams have had a pp, still tied at 3.

4 minutes left, BC with 3 consecutive icings.

Under a minute left, BC takes the 4 - 3 lead. 41 seconds left . . . Harvard timeout . . .

dam