SiouxSports.com Forum

Woogisms

A Woogism is an entertaining and/or confusing statement by former Gopher player, Gopher coach, and current FSN North television color commentator Doug Woog. Unlike other collections of 'isms, Woogisms rarely include malapropisms (misspeaks) but are outrageous, random statements made during the course of a game or in pre/post coverage.

MY TOP 10 ------------- 3 LOWER BOWL TICKETS READ ON ---------------

#10Woogism - "I guess Sheppard will start calling penalties next period."Said in reference to the officiating during a game

#9Woogism - "Everybody in the building is standing except for people in a wheelchair. Everybody is up."

Said 3/16/08 during overtime against Mankato during the 3rd game of the WCHA playoffs.

#8Woogism - Woogism - "The next team to score is going to win it Frank"Said 3/14/08 during overtime against Mankato during the 1st game of the WCHA playoffs

#7Woogism - Frank (trying to be demure): "Martin got hit in the, ah, lower abdomen".... Doug (gleefully): "Looks like Paulie took one in the toast there!"Paul Martin had blocked a shot with his groin, then - understandably - limps off the ice rather slowly.

#6Woogism - "That shot was wide and soft, that was a charmin shot."Said 2/1/08 during the North Dakota game.

#5Woogism - "He tried to dangle the big Johnson right there!" Said during the 2006-2007 season

#4Woogism - "He just gave him the 'ol Christian Bowtie better known as the Phil Miller Park Rapids Bowtie!

#3Woogism - "Vanek went down quicker than a pancake at a VFW breakfast."Said after Thomas Vanek was checked from behind and dropped to the ice unhurt.

#2Woogism - "Frank, he was like sugarcane, he just sat there getting whacked."Said As Ryan Potulny was repeatedly slashed by an opposing player.

#1Woogism - "Potulny has been bangin' guys all nite"

3 TICKETS FOR SALE NEXT TO SIOUX BENCH 125 EACH FRIDAY NIGHT 4TH ROW SIOUX FANS ONLY! 218-779-2831

• 1 month later...

A Woogism is an entertaining and/or confusing statement by former Gopher player, Gopher coach, and current FSN North television color commentator Doug Woog. Unlike other collections of 'isms, Woogisms rarely include malapropisms (misspeaks) but are outrageous, random statements made during the course of a game or in pre/post coverage.

MY TOP 10

#10Woogism - "I guess Sheppard will start calling penalties next period."Said in reference to the officiating during a game

#9Woogism - "Everybody in the building is standing except for people in a wheelchair. Everybody is up."

Said 3/16/08 during overtime against Mankato during the 3rd game of the WCHA playoffs.

#8Woogism - Woogism - "The next team to score is going to win it Frank"Said 3/14/08 during overtime against Mankato during the 1st game of the WCHA playoffs

#7Woogism - Frank (trying to be demure): "Martin got hit in the, ah, lower abdomen".... Doug (gleefully): "Looks like Paulie took one in the toast there!"Paul Martin had blocked a shot with his groin, then - understandably - limps off the ice rather slowly.

#6Woogism - "That shot was wide and soft, that was a charmin shot."Said 2/1/08 during the North Dakota game.

#5Woogism - "He tried to dangle the big Johnson right there!" Said during the 2006-2007 season

#4Woogism - "He just gave him the 'ol Christian Bowtie better known as the PHIL MILLER Park Rapids Bowtie!

#3Woogism - "Vanek went down quicker than a pancake at a VFW breakfast."Said after Thomas Vanek was checked from behind and dropped to the ice unhurt.

#2Woogism - "Frank, he was like sugarcane, he just sat there getting whacked."Said As Ryan Potulny was repeatedly slashed by an opposing player.

#1Woogism - "Potulny has been bangin' guys all nite" THAT SHOULD HELP YOU FIND YOU HAPPY PLACE MILLER TIME!

Get ready to listen to these two in 2 weeks, Doug and the rug will be in the booth for the final 5.

The weekend that the Sioux were in Alaska I was watching the gopher game. I wasn't paying attention, so this phase may very well be taken out of context, but Frank and Doug were talking about how tough it is to sweep in the WCHA and I believe Doug said:

"If your not good enough to sweep, you'll never get swept."

Like I said, I wasn't completely watching, but me and the two other people in the room thought they heard the same thing. So I think this will be my favorite Woogism.