SiouxSports.com Forum

Camera question- Can I bring a Digital SLR camera with a 300mm lens in

Brasco

Camera question- Can I bring a Digital SLR camera with a 300mm lens into hockey games at the Ralph?

You can definitely try. The Ralph has the following policy displayed on a sign in the lobby that says no professional cameras are allowed.

In the past, I've taken mine in numerous times without any problems. However, I've had times when certain ushers wouldn't allow it and one time one of them claimed he could take my memory card as property of the Ralph. Needless to say, he did not win that argument and we agreed I would just stop taking pictures.

My personal experience is that it really just depends on who sees you use it and how they choose to enforce the policy at that time. Good luck!

Good luck...

I got denied with my Canon DSLR and 70-200 lens. Different people give you different interpretations of the rules. Some say no cameras with detachable lenses, others say no lenses longer than a certain length (3-4 inches it seems).

The same thing happened to me. I have the same equipment. Now I just put the shorter lens on it when I carry it in.