SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL All-Star

bauer

i would say no, he will be a minor leaguer IMO. hes a hell of a college player and has a hobey which is unbelievable but i see him a ahl player for a long time with maybe a shot here and there at the show or a overseas player. either way he will do well and make himself a nice pro hockey career.

No one can say for sure, but yeah, I would say AHL or something along those lines if that's what he chooses to do. Whatever he decides, he's carved a path for himself to have a great life. Great hockey player, and he's going to get a degree. Bright future in whatever he decides to do.

i would say no, he will be a minor leaguer IMO. hes a hell of a college player and has a hobey which is unbelievable but i see him a ahl player for a long time with maybe a shot here and there at the show or a overseas player. either way he will do well and make himself a nice pro hockey career.

i agree, as much as i love the guy, i think his size limits his nhl success. although you never know, if given the chance, he may (continue) to prove people wrong. and it seems the guy has a great head on his shoulders, i would bet he will be successful whatever he decides to do, hockey or no hockey.

i agree, as much as i love the guy, i think his size limits his nhl success. although you never know, if given the chance, he may (continue) to prove people wrong. and it seems the guy has a great head on his shoulders, i would bet he will be successful whatever he decides to do, hockey or no hockey.

that size can work now in the ahl but with that size you need to be nate gerbe fast. duncan will have a solid hockey career wherever he chooses to play as he will have a few leagues offering him contracts and you are right, hockey and after hockey he will do good things

I agree with AZ.

If you want a predicted comparison: I'd venture to say that Duncan will slightly mimic Peter Sejna. Both were undersized (though apparently Sejna was 5'9, where I remember him as closer to 5'7). Both were prolific collegiate scorers. Both won the Hobey. Both were in the WCHA.

The only difference is that I'm not so sure that Duncan will play 49 games in the same way Sejna did. Duncs might not even play half that many games in the NHL.

Toews vs. Parise- Ok, it's not coming down to that, but seriously... I don't think Toews will make it. A Captain needs to lead in all areas. He's apparently doing pretty well in most areas on and off the ice (I don't get to watch much Blackhawk hockey as they still don't broadcast their games on Versus or even the NHL Network), but he's seriously regressed in the goal scoring department. He is the youngest captain, which parrallels who he has been compared to the most: Steve Yzerman, but I just don't think most fan voters look at faceoff percentage and captain duties as something that gets you into the all star game. I think most are just stat monkeys. Ergo, Toews won't make the All Star Game.

Redwing

Yes, you definitely haven't watched Toews this year. He is doing everything Yzerman ever did, accept he is doing it about 3 years earlier!

Toews is leading the Blackhawks to the playoffs. Mark my words. They will surprise a lot of people this year and will wind up in the top 4 in the West. They may even challenge for the Stanley Cup.

It's not an accident that the Blackhawks have made a huge turn around since Toews showed up and its not accident that they are developing into an elite team a lot faster than anybody could imagine. By the beginning of the new year it will seem that everybody and his uncle have become Blackhawk fans.

Just watch.

we all know all star games are about stats and when these ballots came out toews was struggling for his standards but has picked it up like no other since. he should be an all star but previously if he kept that sputtering pace he wouldnt have been considered. toews has it all