SiouxSports.com Forum

Brandt

ScottM

Much like the arguments of one upsmanship that go on between little children we have something quite like it going on in this thread. UofM loyalists on one side, UND loyalists on the other side. Right or wrong there is so much ME, MYSELF, and I in the debate that substantiated facts get left out altogether.

This is a fact I am sure of. I am in no way qualified to give EXPERT OPIONION on the topic (insert lawyer here for that) so I would need to do research on forging or counterfeiting a Federal Reserve Note. The following is a section pulled from a Maryland state document dealing with the crime of conterfeiting US currency.

Background: The U.S. Secret Service is the federal law enforcement agency charged with the prevention of counterfeit U.S. currency. Federal law prohibits a person from falsely making, forging, counterfeiting, or altering any obligation or security of the U.S. with the intent to defraud. Federal law also prohibits dealing in counterfeit U.S. obligations or currencies, possessing the distinctive paper used to make U.S. currency, or possessing any printing plates or other implements that could be used to make counterfeit U.S. currency.

"According to the Secret Service, technological advances in computers, printers, and scanners have facilitated the growth in counterfeited currency. Over the last five years, the Secret Service has recovered $3.2 million in counterfeit currency in Maryland. About $1.8 million of that currency was produced on computers. Although counterfeiting is generally regarded as a federal offense, the Secret Service reports that counterfeit prosecutions are also brought through state and local law enforcement systems.

Plain and simple the point of a federeal offense is accurate but not definitive, so having this information shows that it is a waste of time to argue about Bochenski.

It looks like ultimately, jurisdiction falls to the Secret Service. Now that is a fact I was definitely not aware of.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, what's the big deal? Yeah, I am a "UND loyalist." But I fail to see the need for all this bad blood going around. The gophers won two straight championships. Good for them. The sioux are a good team and definitely one of the teams to beat this coming season. Good for us. Can't it just stay like that?

Everyone is bringing up Bochenski's antics, but no one remembers that he wasn't alone in the crime. Didn't his "cohort" end up at a Minnesota school somewhere? Do you think Bochenski is that much of a criminal mastermind? And since when is Bochenski even part of the debate? Isn't this thread about Brandt doing something stupid in Roseau?

Crime in sports isn't new, people. If Bochenski or Bradt were pros vying for the NHL Hall of Fame, maybe this debate would MEAN something. Brandon may be headed for the NHL (Or he could just be another minor league lifer, who knows) and Brandt won't be suiting up for an NHL team anytime soon. So this point is MOOT! Sports is a double standard. We expect these people to be superheros in obeying the law and being rolemodels for the little tykes that see them around. This even includes college sports. Fact is, these guys are nothing but the average collegiate people who are lucky enough to have a great talent in playing a sport. Can you imagine what these players are doing? Do they obey the drinking age? Nope. The only thing is, they don't have to obey the drinking age at bars and clubs. I know well that anyone can get alcohol if htey know where to go, but most of the underage drinkers I have heard of don't have the luxury of not having to worry about a fake id when they go to the Edge. Hell, I heard that a UND football player walked down University waving around a bb gun. Are you going to sit here and debate whether or not this guy should be valedictorian of his class or should be maligned at every opportunity? Who cares what he did. I won't worry about it until he gets convicted or kicked off the team.

I can see the signs against Brandt now, but let me tell you, perhaps he deserves it, perhaps not. It IS alleged. With Bo, we're complaining about an act that isn't even on his record anymore!

What it comes down to is this: Bochenski has been a great player for the Sioux. He's not running for President. As for Brandt, hold whatever signs you want, Gopher fans or even Sioux fans, but I'm going to pay more attention to the score, rather than what you think of the goaltender.