SiouxSports.com Forum

Chris Porter Gets His First NHL Goal

OneT

Last night was one of the best games I have seen. Watching Chris Porter get his first career goal as a NHL player, Seeing Jonathan Toews get two assist and seeing T.J. Oshie get the game wining goal in sudden death shoot out. The thing the was the most impressive was the number of Sioux Jerseys at the game. They had a sioux triva question during the game and showed several fans in Sioux jerseys. All the fans that were there to cheer on Toews and Oshie and all the fans that had a lot of respect for the Sioux name and logo. To see the highlights of the game here is the link. http://blues.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?hlg=20082009,2,73

Last night was one of the best games I have seen. Watching Chris Porter get his first career goal as a NHL player, Seeing Jonathan Toews get two assist and seeing T.J. Oshie get the game wining goal in sudden death shoot out. The thing the was the most impressive was the number of Sioux Jerseys at the game. They had a sioux triva question during the game and showed several fans in Sioux jerseys. All the fans that were there to cheer on Toews and Oshie and all the fans that had a lot of respect for the Sioux name and logo. To see the highlights of the game here is the link. http://blues.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?hlg=20082009,2,73

Welcome to the board! Porter getting his first goal was very cool. This is deserving of it's own thread, but just to point out there is also a former player's thread for things like this.

I was at that game. It was a real pleasure watching a number of former Sioux players play so well in key roles. STL is pretty high on Oshie and the Blues right now.

I have been curious as to how the Blues would accept Oshie. I figured they would be accepting, but he's been getting alot more hype then I actually expected. Its going to be fun to watch his career unfold. It was pretty fun to see how the two biggest players in that game for the most part were Toews, Oshie and Porter with his first NHL goal.

I have been curious as to how the Blues would accept Oshie. I figured they would be accepting, but he's been getting alot more hype then I actually expected. Its going to be fun to watch his career unfold. It was pretty fun to see how the two biggest players in that game for the most part were Toews, Oshie and Porter with his first NHL goal.

The Blues, much like Chicago, have been hyping their new players and creating some "buzz" to get butts into the seats. While Oshie will probably get more press, I expect Porter to be a very pleasant surprise if he keeps playing like he has. I was there with some 'hawks fans and we had some fun with the Blues' fans in our area and at a local bar. STL definitely has some good hockey people.

The Blues, much like Chicago, have been hyping their new players and creating some "buzz" to get butts into the seats. While Oshie will probably get more press, I expect Porter to be a very pleasant surprise if he keeps playing like he has. I was there with some 'hawks fans and we had some fun with the Blues' fans in our area and at a local bar. STL definitely has some good hockey people.

Have those cities been having a hard time filling the seats?... I was watching the Wild games when they played on the road against Atlanta and Carolina. I was shocked at how emtpy the seats were, There were whole sections that only had a few people there. I have never seen a home wild game that was not for the most part packed. I worry sometimes for the NHL. We need to get some more hockey fans in this country.