SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs Southeastern Louisiana

GeauxSioux

You know, come to think of it, I haven't seen any excuses from North Dakota fans...

dmksioux

Dagger

UND92,96 on AGS board.

bincitysioux

bincitysioux quote on the Lions Den.

Stromer, from AGS board.

Not sure how I was dragged into this discussion, but I'll just say this: one person's "excuse" is another's "mitigating factor." :silly: I think the factors I listed are perfectly accurate. Are they an excuse for UND's near-collapse? Not entirely, but I certainly do believe the the first half was a truer measure of the caliber of team UND is than was the second half.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know I have to agree on this one. I'm not big on excuses, BUT on the other hand a win is a win. All I know is that the guys better come out on play tomorrow night or it won't be pretty. I still think that it'll be close and depending on if we can stop the pass or not. 31-28 final score either way!

Well, it should be a great night for football weather-wise...temps in 70's during the game with low humidity, blue skies and light winds...expect a hard-fought, physical football game.

Not sure how I was dragged into this discussion, but I'll just say this: one person's "excuse" is another's "mitigating factor." :silly: I think the factors I listed are perfectly accurate. Are they an excuse for UND's near-collapse? Not entirely, but I certainly do believe the the first half was a truer measure of the caliber of team UND is than was the second half.

I completely agree.

I also noticed that there are plenty of excuses on AGS.com from SELA fans...what is the deal with that? UND could have beat GVSU last year if we weren't down to our 4th string RB and playing our backup QB! We could have beat Idaho St. last week by more if our secondary didn't have injured members....I would have won the Powerball on Wed if i had only 4 more numbers and the Powerball!

I don't think they complain any more than any other fan base. The problem is that fans of both teams are trying to predict the game based on stats and both teams fan bases think the stats are slightly misleading. This leads to what can be seen as excuses.

You know, come to think of it, I haven't seen any excuses from North Dakota fans...

dmksioux

Dagger

UND92,96 on AGS board.

bincitysioux

bincitysioux quote on the Lions Den.

Stromer, from AGS board.

I was just trying to get a USD fan's perspective to see if the disparity between SLU and USD was as great as you seem to claim. I didn't even disagree with your primary assertion. But it doesn't really matter at this point...we'll find out tomorrow.