SiouxSports.com Forum

Offensive Line

UND Fan

It is interesting (I hope not overly concerning) that this year's offensive line is by far the smallest in recent history. There is only one starter (Bondy) and only one backup (Quesenberry) that are over 280. We know that Troen and Braegelmann are very talented and very effective at their weight - I hope that will be true of other OLs!

It is interesting (I hope not overly concerning) that this year's offensive line is by far the smallest in recent history. There is only one starter (Bondy) and only one backup (Quesenberry) that are over 280. We know that Troen and Braegelmann are very talented and very effective at their weight - I hope that will be true of other OLs!

I'm a little concerned about a possible lack of depth, although not so much about the lack of size (avg. of 6'3 1/2", 280). As mentioned, Braegelmann and Troen are proven commodities. Moe played a fair amount last year, and is quite athletic (state runner-up in discus in h.s.). Bondy is more or less in the traditional UND lineman mode in terms of size, and Koelln came in highly-regarded out of high school and is supposed to be another very athletic lineman. I assume this year is probably a bit of an aberration as opposed to a shift in philosophy, considering the linemen recruited the past couple of years are generally pretty big.

I'm a little concerned about a possible lack of depth, although not so much about the lack of size (avg. of 6'3 1/2", 280). As mentioned, Braegelmann and Troen are proven commodities. Moe played a fair amount last year, and is quite athletic (state runner-up in discus in h.s.). Bondy is more or less in the traditional UND lineman mode in terms of size, and Koelln came in highly-regarded out of high school and is supposed to be another very athletic lineman. I assume this year is probably a bit of an aberration as opposed to a shift in philosophy, considering the linemen recruited the past couple of years are generally pretty big.

I agree! Regarding the depth, I am sure the coaching staff is very disappointed that Matt Simmons, the highly regarded, big kid out of WS, didn't return to camp this fall as well as Ian Rosario from Alaska not showing up!

I wouldn't be to worried. I think that's kind of been the trend in recent years, to get leaner more athletic linemen. I know Bohl's linemen are quite a bit lighter than what the Bison had with that other guy. :silly: 308 lbs average in 2000.

Mitch Braegelmann receives national engineering honor

Sioux linemen may not be huge, but they sure are smart. :silly:

The University of North Dakota's School of Engineering and Mines announced today that senior offensive lineman Mitch Braegelmann has been named one of five Laureates by Tau Beta Pi, the national engineering honor society.

The Laureate program is the Tau Beta Pi's annual program to recognize gifted engineering students who have excelled in areas beyond their technical majors.