SiouxSports.com Forum

Recruits

langmeistr

We didn't offer him and hardly even recruited him.

I haven't actually seen him play, but knowing what I know about the Murry's in general, I'm going to guess

a) that he was quite small

b) not a particularly good skater, in fact a rather poor skater

c) probably very smart

In other words, he may have had the potential to be a great college hockey player 10 years ago but the game has changed so much that it would be tough to take a chance on him based on his name alone.

I don't know why he didn't get a better look from UND whether or not it had to do with his brother we may never know. But I don't like that people are making it sound like he doesn't have the talent to come in and be a player. Jordy Murray is going to be a good college hockey player. There isn't 1 thing that he is awesome in, he just does a lot of things real well. He will step in and be a solid 3rd, 4th liner for Wisconsin next season working his way up the depth chart the longer he's there. He's not going to be a superstar in the WCHA but is going to hopefully (as a Wisconsin fan) be a 4 year player. He's going to be drafted this summer, hes no push over. There has to be reasons why UND didn't give him a better look.

I don't know why he didn't get a better look from UND whether or not it had to do with his brother we may never know. But I don't like that people are making it sound like he doesn't have the talent to come in and be a player. Jordy Murray is going to be a good college hockey player. There isn't 1 thing that he is awesome in, he just does a lot of things real well. He will step in and be a solid 3rd, 4th liner for Wisconsin next season working his way up the depth chart the longer he's there. He's not going to be a superstar in the WCHA but is going to hopefully (as a Wisconsin fan) be a 4 year player. He's going to be drafted this summer, hes no push over. There has to be reasons why UND didn't give him a better look.

Because, unlike Wisconsin, they don't have three-quarters of their roster taken up by third / fourth liners. :D

The reasons were not because of on ice ability.

I was very impressed with Jordy in the 1 game I saw up in GF. I thought he was the best Shattuck player on the ice that game, and that includes Toews. My opinion carries little weight, but I was impressed FWIW.

3rd/4th liners, eh?

No wonder why all of UW's pros go on to be pretty solid defensively. They certainly don't work much on offense while at UW.

UW is the only team that is more boring to watch than the Wild and Devils (even though I'm a fan of the Devils...it's still true).