SiouxSports.com Forum

Lacrosse

Brucesky02

I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, but I believe that currently no official UND teams play NDSU. However, our rescently revitalized lacrosse team does play the Bison. The game is this coming Saturday, April 19th at 3PM in Fargo. Not sure on the exact location but I'll be sure to post it when I find it. If you're going to be in Fargo Saturday or have nothing else to do and want to cheer on the Sioux against the Bison, come on out! Also...there is a home game against Moorhead Sunday afternoon and I believe that is in Memorial Stadium.

LET'S GO SIOUX!!!

http://www.undlacrosse.com/

A legitimate D1? Come on Brucesky02.....Nebraskas lacrosse team is a club just like ours. Pretty much if you have a pulse and want to play your are on the team.

You are correct. I was misinformed about the situation. I just checked the official Nebraska Athletics website and it would appear that they don't have an official school sponsored team.

That said, there's no reason for you to be an absolute dick about that. And yes our team is relatively easy to join...perhaps because it's only two years old. Go figure that you can't just create an elite program out of nothing.

Btw - Lacrosse lost at NDSU on Saturday and won against Moorhead at home on Sunday to close out their season.

You are correct. I was misinformed about the situation. I just checked the official Nebraska Athletics website and it would appear that they don't have an official school sponsored team.

That said, there's no reason for you to be an absolute dick about that. And yes our team is relatively easy to join...perhaps because it's only two years old. Go figure that you can't just create an elite program out of nothing.

Btw - Lacrosse lost at NDSU on Saturday and won against Moorhead at home on Sunday to close out their season.

How is that being a dick Brucesky02. I would venture to guess that if a program is created that not one player from the club team would make the actual team. Sorry you obviously play. Stick to the band you baby.

I agree that indoor lacrosse is pretty intense and exciting. This, however, is outdoor lacrosse so...eh. I suppose they are still scoring in double digits usually, but it doesn't quite have the same pressure on defense since there's a lot more space to work with.

While not school sponsored, Nebraska plays in the top division of their league. We play in the 2nd division of ours. Not all club teams are created equal. Almost every major university has a club team. Any time you can beat one is a major win in my book.