SiouxSports.com Forum

Fan appreciation day

sioux canada

I have no clue why not, they have in past years, embarrassment maybe?

No, it's because they had it in December the weekend after the Gopher series. They had their little skills competition and then the autograph session. I hate giving out "inside info" but I feel since this affects a lot of people... I met with Hakstol at the beginning of the year, and he told me about that and said it would more than likely take the place of having an autograph session at the end of the year. I had to rack my brain for that memory.

No, it's because they had it in December the weekend after the Gopher series. They had their little skills competition and then the autograph session. I hate giving out "inside info" but I feel since this affects a lot of people... I met with Hakstol at the beginning of the year, and he told me about that and said it would more than likely take the place of having an autograph session at the end of the year. I had to rack my brain for that memory.

Sounds to me like a Martha Stewart-esque defense, I don't think it would hold up in court.

--Breakin face "Johnnie Cochran of Siouxsports.com"

Say it isn't so Joe Hak!! :silly:

An end of season 'Meet the Sioux' is looked forward to by most Sioux fans. It's our time to say 'Thank you' to the players. Even though, in all probability, I would not have been there, it's sad for those who planned on attending.

Would a formal request from fans for a Fan Appreciation day help? As far as I know, none of the players has left as of yet.

Well I suppose you all could try... But as the semester comes to a close, the boys should be studying for their finals (should being the key word)... I know that shouldn't be a huge factor, just saying.

Would a formal request from fans for a Fan Appreciation day help? As far as I know, none of the players has left as of yet.

Although this may not change this year's absence of fan appreciation night, the effort might at least show the organization how much this night at the end of the season is missed by the fans.

If I remember correctly, the December one was not advertised as a replacement for the end-of-season event we are all accustomed to attending. Had that been the case, I would bet a lot of us wouldn't be so disappointed today after now realizing we missed out on thanking the team this season.