SiouxSports.com Forum

Playoof Scenarios

Bird Dog

SOME of you Sioux fans sound an awful lot like the Goofer fans you say you despise.....I still can't figure out why so many posts on here revolve around UM. :D

Every win from here on out is a win I didn't think the gophers would get 4 weeks ago. I will take what the team accomplishes this year, in the down year, and enjoy it. Just as much as you all will be rooting against UM :D , I will be rooting for an unexpected run that may happen, may not. Go back and read the beginning of the year threads you had. Perfect season, national champs, conference champs and tourney champs...... :D

Just getting ready for the playoffs!!!! fire away defensive SUE fans!!!

this is a thread that discusses the playoff picture. why do you post here on ss then if you are a gopher fan? you post here because you are a gopher fan and a college hockey fan like many of us and love to discuss wcha hockey which we do. come on with the perfect season talk, get over it. we all know that wont ever happen and its a meassge board and people will bring up different things silly or not. why would SIOUX fans fire away at you? this is the best time of the year for college hockey fans. you seem to be asking for people to do it for some reason which is very odd as you didnt seem like that type of fan before. anyways, this will be a fun ride to the ncaa tourney and ive said many times the wcha will get 5 teams in when its settled

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

brads scenerios per his blog

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

1. Colorado College is the league champ and No. 1 seed. The Tigers will play Alaska-Anchorage in the first round.

2. UND is the No. 2 seed and will play either Michigan Tech or Minnesota-Duluth in the first round. The Sioux will play Tech unless Tech beats Mankato AND Duluth loses to Minnesota on Saturday.

3. Denver is the No. 3 seed and will play Minnesota-Duluth or Michigan Tech. See above. Denver gets whatever team UND doesn't.

4. MSU-Mankato has clinched home ice.

5. The final home ice spot will go to either Wisconsin or St. Cloud State. The Huskies need a win or tie against the Sioux to grab the final home ice spot. Otherwise it goes to Wisconsin.

6. Minnesota will travel to Mankato for the first round of the playoffs if Mankato wins or ties against Tech OR if the Sioux beat or tie St. Cloud State. The only scenario that the Gophers would play at St. Cloud State is if the Huskies win and Mankato loses.

That will make it more enjoyable when we roll!! :D

like all gopher fans will be routing against the sioux, except for tonight right? you dont have confidence vs scsu so you want a higher seed in mankato :D

I will admit I would much rather try to stop MSUM than SCSU. We can score with Mankato, not so sure about SCSU.

scsu is a strange team this season. look good then suck it up. i think mankato is better than them buts its all about match ups in the post season

Are you serious?

I would recommend we not stir up the trolls, we all know that the Goofs are at best on the bubble of making the NCAA tourney as well as the BADgers. That's the reality folks.

If they play the way they have the last 3 weeks. I am confident they will be at the Final Five.

We have the entire officiating community on our side! HAVEN'T YOU HEARD? :D

I don't see your team getting past MSU-M or SCSU. Wow, beating UAA was really impressive. :D

UMD I could see them beating your team tonight.

I would call it an upset, Mankato is awful. And I'm very glad we get to go there, get to the Final Five, and get some momentum going into the NCAAs.

Yep MSU-M is so awful they beat C.C. and swept DU at their home. How many times did the Goofs beat DU and C.C. hum, they didn't.

I don't see your team getting past MSU-M or SCSU. Wow, beating UAA was really impressive. :D

UMD I could see them beating your team tonight.

We will see how it plays out. As you said..that's reality. Look at the list below...anyone that knows hockey...knows that is a sign. Goon-not trying to troll. Just fired up for the first time in a very long time. Things are coming together for my squad.

Sun 02/24/08 vs. BEMIDJI STATE W 1-0 Box Text Sheet

Sat 03/01/08 at Minnesota Duluth W 2-0 Box Text Sheet

Sun 03/02/08 at Minnesota Duluth W 2-1 OT Box Text Sheet

Fri 03/07/08 vs. ST. CLOUD STATE T 1-1 OT

Yep MSU-M is so awful they beat C.C. and swept DU at their home. How many times did the Goofs beat DU and C.C. hum, they didn't.

You know it doesn't work that way. We beat Michigan the second game of the year......no foreshadowing there. We did sweep 2 from mankato this year.

You know it doesn't work that way. We beat Michigan the second game of the year......no foreshadowing there. We did sweep 2 from mankato this year.

You have to do something other than read Puffy's talking points. Your sweep of MSU-M means nothing now.

exactly, it doesnt matter whow beats who when it comes down to it but gopherz is way off saying msu is awful

We will see how it plays out. As you said..that's reality. Look at the list below...anyone that knows hockey...knows that is a sign. Goon-not trying to troll. Just fired up for the first time in a very long time. Things are coming together for my squad.

You aren't drinking Puffy's kool-aid?