SiouxSports.com Forum

Pioneer Press Interview

siouxguyinstpaul

And you don't think the state (other than UND) ignores them now??? WHAT turnip truck did you just fall off??? Spend some time at Standing Rock, or at least read "Bury My Heart...."

JEEZUZ, I've never called another poster here an idiot, but, but but.. you are a fu "click"

Wow, someone must have had a bad day. I was just trying to understand what the OP was saying. Keep the skirt on.

Wow, someone must have had a bad day. I was just trying to understand what the OP was saying. Keep the skirt on.

I had a great day thankyou, but I live with my head located outside my buttocks. Try it sometime.

And I spend a week of volunteering at Standing Rock every year. I don't even begin to scratch the surface of life "on the Res". I get really tired of idiots who never spent a minute "on the res" but think they know about the lives of native Americans.

Come to Fort Yates and see what "120 years of the state ignoring" begets.

And unlike Minnesota, in North Dakota the phrase is "keep the gloves on"

I had a great day thankyou, but I live with my head located outside my buttocks. Try it sometime.

And I spend a week of volunteering at Standing Rock every year. I don't even begin to scratch the surface of life "on the Res". I get really tired of idiots who never spent a minute "on the res" but think they know about the lives of native Americans.

You may have the SS police after you for personal attacks against other posters: http://forum.siouxsports.com/index.php?showtopic=9896

Seriously, where did I say anything the government's treatment of Native Americans? Did I say anything about Minnesota being any different from North Dakota. I have spent time on reservations too. I grew up in Northern MN, adjacent to the Nett Lake reservation. I just don't understand why the OP thinks that the Tribal Council will be worse off when the nickname goes. Where you found that other stuff in anything I said is quite a mystery.

So you're saying that native americans who oppose a school using them as mascots don't have a valid point? I used to be on UND's side when it came to changing the name but after years of hearing countless Sioux fans like yourself simply shrugging off the opinions of the very group of people you're offending by using them as mascots without their permission has made me change my mind. You don't have the right to use them as mascots when you won't even listen to what they have to say.

That is exactly what I am saying. When asked why they are offended by the nickname, opponents always run out their standard easily refuted list. In the end, they are always left with only "because we say so". This is not acceptable. I am not close minded. I have evaluated the situation and determined that there is nothing to their "side" of the story. To accept the opposition's invalid arguments is intellectually dishonest.