SiouxSports.com Forum

Question for ADMIN

bertibm

You wrote

who's not really here to talk about Sioux hockey will not be around long
. I thought messages boards are for people to write their thoughts. Now I understand if people come on here and write SIOUX SUCKS, and that is it. That is not needed. But if they make a good point about another team I do not see a problem with it.

who's not really here to talk about Sioux hockey will not be around long
Also I see alot of theads that have nothing to do with Sioux hockey. Is that a problem? I dont think so, but again these are my thoughts, I do not run the board.

So again, I am not here to cause trouble, just wondering why there are locks on alot of theads. Again when I here "Message Boards" I think of people writing their thoughts on the subject, even if they are arguing that Sioux hockey is on a down fall, or whatever they are talking about.

Ok done with my Rant.

Have a great day

GO GOPHERS (Hopefully this dont piss ya off)(I am not trying to)

Also I see alot of theads that have nothing to do with Sioux hockey.  Is that a problem?
I guess I see a peripheral relationship to Sioux hockey in those threads. I can be more precise (though less concise) by restating it, "posts have to be about subjects that the moderators deem to be of likely interest to a broad group of Sioux hockey fans". The average Sioux fan is probably interest in hockey in Fargo, who is going to win the Hobey, etc...

So again, I am not here to cause trouble, just wondering why there are locks on alot of theads.

Hmmm.... I would have classified about 5 out of 800 as very few in number, not "alot". Regardless, I'll try to give a general answer in saying that each was most likely no longer about Sioux hockey (or other topics of general interest), rather they had become personal sniping between a very small number of users, hence of limited general interest. It certainly had nothing to do with too many people being down on the Sioux or any other requirement for standardized opinions.

I think of people writing their thoughts on the subject, even if they are arguing that Sioux hockey is on a down fall

I agree. I don't believe a post has ever been deleted or a person kicked out because they disagreed with any sort of "party line"; in fact, if you browse the forums you'll see that some of the regular Sioux fans here get upset that opposing teams' fans who come here to taunt AREN'T kicked out (as Sioux fans who taunt on POI have been). Given that, I guess I don't understand your concern; I don't recall a single Gopher fan ever being banned to date, and there are PLENTY of threads that contain a lot of anti-Sioux bias.

I'll assume you were genuinely looking for clarification of what are admittedly fluid and subjective moderation policies, so I'm glad to post here because it may be of interest to others. If you actually want to debate those policies, I'd prefer you send me an email.

Using the standard I explained above, we determined that the Siouxrocks' content to noise ratio far too heavily favored noise, warned him of that, and gave him a chance to correct it. He did not, so his posting privileges have been revoked for now.

Content = on topic opinions, news, discussion (again, there is no requirement that opinions agree with anyone in particular)

Noise = personal attacks, generalizations with no support (e.g. "Team X sucks" as an entire post), discriminatory remarks or insults