SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. Wayne State

UND92,96

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The UND women work extremely hard all year long and sometimes in big games I think they want it too much and it interferes with their ability to perform. Granted, sometimes coaches can add to that pressure with a "short leash". The other factor that people are forgetting is the absence of Bagaason. She would have helped this squad a lot.

My ONLY question of this coaching staff is that we haven't done enough recruiting outside the area. There are no DI players in northeast ND and northwest MN (Wahlin excluded). I think the hard part for our coaches right now is w/out a conference and a chance to play in the tourney, who'd come here? NDSU found out the hard way that they needed to expand their recruiting. We'll see what their new coach does.

Like I said, those who want to rip coach, go ahead. Personally, I'll defend him and his knowledge of the game. Hey, I'm a coach too. I don't want all the credit when my team wins and I don't want all blame when WE lose. Some people here can't, or won't, see both sides.

I have read all your BS the last couple of days and you make me sick.. One day you are bashng the girls and the next you are saying don't bash the girls I think the best thing you could do is take a break from this sight. You can't see the light for the forest . The girls have played their hearts out all of them and you keep definding the coach COME ON wake up.

In what could be considered another upset, Alaska-Anchorage beats undefeated Seattle-Pacific to go to the Elite Eight. Congrats to the Coyotes. They started off a little cold, but poured it on in the end. Kimbrough named to the 5 member Regional Tournament team. Pretty remarkable as UND lost in the quarterfinals. Congrats to her too.

I have read all your BS the last couple of days and you make me sick.. One day you are bashng the girls and the next you are saying don't bash the girls I think the best thing you could do is take a break from this sight. You can't see the light for the forest . The girls have played their hearts out all of them and you keep definding the coach COME ON wake up.

I believe what I said was, we shouldn't be bashing ANYONE. I tried to defend Coach Roebuck by deflecting the blame to the girls. In a round about way, it was meant to try and make those who bash the coach and defend the players see things from a different point of view. Because if didn't work, I apologized and said we shouldn't rip any of those associated with the program If that makes you sick................tough.

You say the girls played their hearts out all year..................does that mean Coach didn't coach his heart out all year? If that's what you meant, I disagree. He, and his staff work very hard to make every team achieve to its highest potential. If that didn't happen this year, they are all equally to blame, and blame is probably not the right word. USD is good, very good. They beat us 3 times and only 1 other team had that success. When 27-4 isn't good enough. I'm not sure I can help either side be more tolerant or happy about how the season went.

Just look at last night. USD is behind 28-27 at the half with there "Big Three" combining for 2 points. Fortunately, Shannon Daly, who doesn't usually score a whole lot, puts in 15 points in the first half to hold them in it until the floodgates opened up in the second half for USD. So, to me, USD was tight and we've seen that before here. As a coach, it's hard to find which button to push to relieve that pressure that players put on themselves. I think that day off in-between the semi-final and final adds to the problem because there is more time to think about it. Two years ago, as deep as we were, we were better off playing 3 days in a row and not letting St. Cloud rest because they weren't nearly as deep as us. But, that's the way the schedule was/is and you have to live with it.