SiouxSports.com Forum

Schwan's Fund-Raiser for Mites Hockey

MafiaMan

I haven't seen a grade/section code. I guess I'll have to re-order too and see if that rings a bell. I just remember filling in the campaign ID number at the beginning and Shawn's name at the end.

There are three boxes to fill. The first one is for the campaign ID # and Shawn's name. Those two boxes are mandatory. I can't remember what the third box was, program? grade? Anyway, I left it blank and the order went through with Shawn and the Kennedy Hockey Booster Club getting full credit.

• 1 month later...

The final votes are in. My son's Schwans sales totalled $448.64, 33% of which went directly to offset his hockey fee this year. For those keeping score at home, that's $148.05.

I want to thank those SiouxSports.com members who participated in this fund-raiser. Your thoughtfulness is very much appreciated!

Just for kicks, here's a snippet of an actual conversation I had with someone at Bloomington Ice Gardens a few weeks ago (since its well-documented that I'm the biggest Sioux fan there):

Parent: What are you going to do if your kid grows up and plays hockey at Minnesota? Won't you still cheer for him? At center...for your Golden Gophers...number nineteen...

Me: I'll be in the stands at Mariucci beaming with pride as I watch my son take the ice. Then, when they do pre-game introductions, I'll boo his a** like the rest of the Gophers! :D