SiouxSports.com Forum

Draft Status

Sioux Traveler

How does the school you commit to affect your draft status?

Not sure I understand the question? From a technical standpoint, it does nothing. There are some consiracy types out there that think if a player commits to a certain school their stock goes up or down, but that is unlikely for the most part. There might be an organization or 2 out there that consider it when drafting, but I doubt it is considered much.

I agree. Where you decide to go to school won't affect your draft status. However, whomever drafts you might alter your choice of schools (usually pushing to stay at the chosen school or sign with a major junior (MJ) team.. there are a few who do the retarded thing and sign them to a pro contract and then send them to MJ team).

I'd say it does, but it doesn't. With that I mean, if you are a good player, it doesn't matter if you go to a bad school or not. I think if you are a good player, though, it might help a little to go to a better school.

So basically, it can't hurt you, only help you.

I'd say it does, but it doesn't. With that I mean, if you are a good player, it doesn't matter if you go to a bad school or not. I think if you are a good player, though, it might help a little to go to a better school.

So basically, it can't hurt you, only help you.

you really dont have the chance to get noticed if you choose a big time program as you get drafted usually before you go there anyways. its all about what you do before you get to school in most cases on where you get drafted.

In fairness, a player like Duncan, who was undrafted, was hugely helped by going to a school where he gets exposure and gets to play with and against NHL prospects. 30 teams didn't think he was worth a late round pick and now 30 teams probably regret that.