SiouxSports.com Forum

Get ready to move those FTA dishes for the FSSN

iceberg

I'm in Moorhead and just got a Fortec Mercury II....I have no idea what I'm doing and I'm not even going to pretend I understand the "transponder" and "LNB" language. If there's anyone in the Fargo-Moorhead area that can give me a hand, please let me know.

I live in Washburn, which is 40 miles north of Bismarck, and I have the Fortec Mercury II receiver. I am willing to help you over the phone or by email.

You can contact me by calling my (Alltel) cell phone of 701.315.0146 or email at rmcleod@grenergy.com. Phone after 3:30 PM week days or on week-ends, during normal work week hours - use email.

Good luck,

Ron

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, so I've finally fixed the cable from the dish to the receiver and now I still don't get a signal. I've read through this thread about ten times and done everything I can think of doing. I've tried the CBS feed as well. Nothing. The base quality I get is 37-39%. Every once in a while when I'm positioning the dish, the quality will go up to about 45%, but still no signal. As far as potential blockage, there's nothing that hasn't been there the past three winters when my system has worked fine. Is it possible that my LNB is failing and a new one will fix the problem?

I have a BEC DBS 2000. Would an XtremeII 0.3dB Standard from Pete do the trick?

Okay, so I've finally fixed the cable from the dish to the receiver and now I still don't get a signal. I've read through this thread about ten times and done everything I can think of doing. I've tried the CBS feed as well. Nothing. The base quality I get is 37-39%. Every once in a while when I'm positioning the dish, the quality will go up to about 45%, but still no signal. As far as potential blockage, there's nothing that hasn't been there the past three winters when my system has worked fine. Is it possible that my LNB is failing and a new one will fix the problem?

I have a BEC DBS 2000. Would an XtremeII 0.3dB Standard from Pete do the trick?

It's always a good idea to have a spare LNB around, at least then you can rule that out. I would double check the LNB Freq. (L.O.) is set correctly for the type of LNB you have, if you have blind (AUTO) scan try that, many times you will pick something up with that, then it's just a case of fine tuning from there!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 1 month later...

Anyone know if there is a possible FTA (free to air) satellite signal for Mankato home games? Someone said the Mankato Charter cable is airing the game locally. Maybe someone knows past satellite coordinates used in Mankato...

Sioux games against MSU will be shown on Charter Mainstreet both nights for those in southern Minnesota with charter cable. I will be at the game Saturday night with the wife (both 04 grads). We will likely be at BW's before the game and probably at Blue Bricks or BW's after the game.

Anyone know if there is a possible FTA (free to air) satellite signal for Mankato home games? Someone said the Mankato Charter cable is airing the game locally. Maybe someone knows past satellite coordinates used in Mankato...

I've never scanned in a Mankato game with my motorized system on any bird, so, I'm guessing not. Worth blind scanning to see if anything pops up anywhere, though.