SiouxSports.com Forum

AHCA trying to reduce ties

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah

I'm all for something. I hated seeing former Sioux teams tying 10 times a season, and as the article says, there are other teams that have done the same.

I'm not in favor of a shoot-out for the same reason as mentioned. I don't think entry into the tournaments should depend on whether you have the next J. Toews on your team for the shootout. I do like the 4 on 4 idea or similar.

I don't mind some ties, but not SO many.

PLAY TIL SOMEONE WINS, theres a frken concept, screw ties, screw shootouts in college, the points and pairwise mean way to much for that to happen. i would maybe give the winning team 2 points and losing OT team 1 point but then again that may cause some very crappy hockey with teams down the stretch trying only to get into OT, so after thinking for 1 minute................2 points to winner, 0 to loser and play til someone scores, they only play 2 games a week anyways...

We still don't have a lot of hockey on TV... :lol: lol

Well the home games are on TV, big help that is if you're at the game.

But I think you made the point well that going to a five minute overtime didn't cause the television world to adopt hockey games as a TV sport.