SiouxSports.com Forum

USHL vs QMJHL

AZSIOUX

http://juniorhockey.blogspot.com/2007/06/u...y-official.html

wow, this should be fun to see the 2 different leagues play on another.........good to see! always arguments regarding these 2 leagues and so forth.

will the sioux have anyone on omaha next year??

You beat me to it, I was just going to post this. Yes Brett Bruneteau will be on Omaha's roster next season and there is a possibility if he would elect to that Joe Gleason would be on the roster also.

http://juniorhockey.blogspot.com/2007/06/u...y-official.html

wow, this should be fun to see the 2 different leagues play on another.........good to see! always arguments regarding these 2 leagues and so forth.

will the sioux have anyone on omaha next year??

Brett Bruneteau as already mentioned and Justin Johnson the forward from Eau Claire North (WI) (Where LaPoint played HS) who has taken visits to Nodak will also be on the team.

If the USHL started their camps when the QMJHL starts their camps, and the QMJHL started their camps when the USHL starts their camps... I'd say the USHL teams would have a good chance. The way it is now... they'll get creamed. Then, of course, the Canadians will be all over message boards (like Hockey's Future) proclaiming their supreme hockey dominance. I actually think they ARE dominant, but not by as much as these matchups will demonstrate.

Anyway... GO USHL... please prove me wrong!!!

If the USHL started their camps when the QMJHL starts their camps, and the QMJHL started their camps when the USHL starts their camps... I'd say the USHL teams would have a good chance. The way it is now... they'll get creamed. Then, of course, the Canadians will be all over message boards (like Hockey's Future) proclaiming their supreme hockey dominance. I actually think they ARE dominant, but not by as much as these matchups will demonstrate.

Anyway... GO USHL... please prove me wrong!!!

Don't the USHL teams get picked right around now? That would suggest that they will have a leg up on the QMJHL since they can prepare these guys over the summer. The QMJHL team will still likely be in the middle of their tryouts.

I'm going to predict that the USHL teams will be competative in the sense that they won't lose by more than 2 or 3 goals. It will be the manner in which they play that will be more telling however.

I'm going to predict that the CHL teams will be a little more offensive minded and the USHL teams will play a much more defensive style just to keep the games close. The USHL teams will also likely have to shorten their bench.

Should be interesting.