SiouxSports.com Forum

Greg Lamoureux

Rick

Greg Lamoureux was drafted in the 3rd round of the WHL Bantam Draft. http://whl.ca/hm/draft.php?round=3

Greg is the son of former Fighting Sioux player Roger Lamoureux. Greg is a very talented player and would have gone much higher in the draft if he wasn't interested in college.

Roger has one other son, Cam Lamoureux, who plays for Drumheller of the AJHL. Cam has a couple of years of junior hockey left and then will play college hockey.....hopefully at UND.

Greg Lamoureux was drafted in the 3rd round of the WHL Bantam Draft. http://whl.ca/hm/draft.php?round=3

Greg is the son of former Fighting Sioux player Roger Lamoureux. Greg is a very talented player and would have gone much higher in the draft if he wasn't interested in college.

Roger has one other son, Cam Lamoureux, who plays for Drumheller of the AJHL. Cam has a couple of years of junior hockey left and then will play college hockey.....hopefully at UND.

this might sound stupid, but ive never heard of greg L. before(that doesnt mean much if i havent), but i would assume that if he was drafted that high and has NCAA intentions...he must be pretty awesome...do they draft at 15yrs or later?? how old is he?

EDIT: the kid is a 92...i should have looked before

this might sound stupid, but ive never heard of greg L. before(that doesnt mean much if i havent), but i would assume that if he was drafted that high and has NCAA intentions...he must be pretty awesome...do they draft at 15yrs or later?? how old is he?

EDIT: the kid is a 92...i should have looked before

Yes, Greg is a very gifted player much like Roger was, but he probably has even more speed than Roger. Roger played during Bjorkman's last four years so he didn't get the recognition. He probably is one of the most skilled players UND has had. If he had played for Gino, he would have scored a lot more than 60 points in a season.

Roger came back last winter for the Mankato series and I'm sure he'd like to see both of them end up at UND. It was the first time he'd seen the new REA. His only disappointment was that Frenchy's no longer exists. :silly:

Roger came back last winter for the Mankato series and I'm sure he'd like to see both of them end up at UND. It was the first time he'd seen the new REA. His only disappointment was that Frenchy's no longer exists. :silly:

Many of us are disappointed about that.