SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux/Minnesota St Friday game Thread

JESUS,family,rutgers

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They play that darn trap game very well, and it's very frustrating to watch, so I can imagine it's even more frustrating to play against.

Oh yeah...we played the trap really well...on an olympic sheet...outshooting JBSU in the third.

Oh yeah...we played the trap really well...on an olympic sheet...outshooting JBSU in the third.

I wasn't referring to last night's game. I didn't see it, so I can't make any comments on how they played. However, I was referring to when they played us a few weeks back, and the style of play they played all weekend, WAS a trap defense. It takes the flow out of the game, and it limits North Dakota to playing the kind of hockey they want to play. Great game plan for UMD, not so good for UND or the UND fans watching it, hence my comment, very frustrating to watch, and I'm sure it's just as frustrating to play. If the two teams meet again, I'm sure they'll go right back to that game. One thing teams need to do is try to slow North Dakota down, because when they're flying, like they did in the first part of last night's game, good things happen for us. Mankato figured out a way to break up the flow of the game at the beginning of the 3rd last night, and I'm sure they'll be trying to do the same thing tonight.

I wasn't referring to last night's game. I didn't see it, so I can't make any comments on how they played. However, I was referring to when they played us a few weeks back, and the style of play they played all weekend, WAS a trap defense. It takes the flow out of the game, and it limits North Dakota to playing the kind of hockey they want to play. Great game plan for UMD, not so good for UND or the UND fans watching it, hence my comment, very frustrating to watch, and I'm sure it's just as frustrating to play. If the two teams meet again, I'm sure they'll go right back to that game. One thing teams need to do is try to slow North Dakota down, because when they're flying, like they did in the first part of last night's game, good things happen for us. Mankato figured out a way to break up the flow of the game at the beginning of the 3rd last night, and I'm sure they'll be trying to do the same thing tonight.

I didn't know we were supposed to play the style of hockey our opponents want!!! I better get the coach on the phone!! "Stop frustrating other teams! Let them win!"

Siouxdonyms, you so crazy!

I didn't know we were supposed to play the style of hockey our opponents want!!! I better get the coach on the phone!! "Stop frustrating other teams! Let them win!"

GOOD LUCK TONIGHT, would much rather see the dogz and their fans at the X!!

Wow, were the Sioux ever flying last night. I loved the hit by Kaip. The DOT line could have scored 10. All lines were flying and the passing and recognition were amazing. This was like watching the Sioux in late 90s where every line was scoring. This was a blast to watch. My biggest complaint is come on Oshie, not this crap again, bury a few of these (and in this game add Duncan, Miller, Porter, Martens and a few others). You know the teams is playing well when Finley is breaking in on net on an odd man rush. What a great all around team effort. I just glad Phil is OK. Lets take care of business and stay away from the MSU cheap stuff tonight.

I believe if you re-read my post, I state in there that it is a "Great game plan for UMD." No where did I state that you had to play the way we wanted you to. My original post on the topic was to "FightingSue" who commented that he/she was glad we didn't have to play the Dogs. I simply stated that your team plays a frustrating system for North Dakota and it's fans. I don't think any of those comments are grounds for insanity though. :silly:

Wow, were the Sioux ever flying last night. I loved the hit by Kaip. The DOT line could have scored 10. All lines were flying and the passing and recognition were amazing. This was like watching the Sioux in late 90s where every line was scoring. This was a blast to watch. My biggest complaint is come on Oshie, not this crap again, bury a few of these (and in this game add Duncan, Miller, Porter, Martens and a few others). You know the teams is playing well when Finley is breaking in on net on an odd man rush. What a great all around team effort. I just glad Phil is OK. Lets take care of business and stay away from the MSU cheap stuff tonight.

And we all know Mankato is going to bring on the cheap stuff. :silly:

I believe if you re-read my post, I state in there that it is a "Great game plan for UMD." No where did I state that you had to play the way we wanted you to. My original post on the topic was to "FightingSue" who commented that he/she was glad we didn't have to play the Dogs. I simply stated that your team plays a frustrating system for North Dakota and it's fans. I don't think any of those comments are grounds for insanity though. :silly:

Nah, I don't think you're insane...but I hope if we do play the Sioux again, we make you squirm with boredom... ;) Anyway...beat those Land Cows tonight! Go DOGS! GO SIOUX!

Nah, I don't think you're insane...but I hope if we do play the Sioux again, we make you squirm with boredom... ;) Anyway...beat those Land Cows tonight! Go DOGS! GO SIOUX!

I wouldn't say it's necessarily boredom. Really frustrating, like you want to slam your fist into the TV frustration! :silly:

I believe if you re-read my post, I state in there that it is a "Great game plan for UMD." No where did I state that you had to play the way we wanted you to. My original post on the topic was to "FightingSue" who commented that he/she was glad we didn't have to play the Dogs. I simply stated that your team plays a frustrating system for North Dakota and it's fans. I don't think any of those comments are grounds for insanity though. :D

I guess I should have called the coach then, because we lost... :lol:

I blame you! :lol:

AZSioux I hope you stop by and say hello to me.