SiouxSports.com Forum

Bill Mills The Warrior

Bad Eagle

I don't know if you are aware of the Fighing Whites forum, at University of Northern Colorado. There is a fairly decent conversation going on at this point: http://pub18.ezboard.com/ffightingwhitesfr...picID=244.topic Have a look.

It is Indian to Indian, but, as such, it might be useful. You recall, the UNC intramural basketball team (a few Indians and whites together) named their team The FIGHTING WHITES, as a rebuke to FIGHING SIOUX, or any other Indian mascot. They got huge success, and sell many Fighting White articles, but, I don't know that they made their point at all, in fact maybe the opposite.

Anyway, thought it might be useful.

They got huge success, and sell many Fighting White articles, but, I don't know that they made their point at all, in fact maybe the opposite.

I don't think their merchandise sales are making the point they want either. Living only 20 miles from the UNC campus, I've had several requests from friends in other states to buy these items and have them shipped to them. However, they aren't exactly the handwringing liberals who worry about politically incorrect nicknames. They just think it's a funny name and want the shirts/hats. (luckily, now I can tell them to order from that website.) I don't really care about the sales of the items. I think they are kind of funny and they seem to try to support some scholarship programs, which is always a good cause.

BTW...I looked over the message board and appreciated your posts! Keep up the good work! ;)

Here's an attempt to define Communism in practical terms, so everyone can see why I'm concerned that Indians would have any association with it. I find it difficult to separate Indian issues from the Communist encasing in which they've all been placed.

http://www.badeagle.com/cgi-bin/ib3/cgi-bi...t=ST;f=15;t=405

Please comment, here, or on BadEagle.com